Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Carenado C206 post light fix

I just wanted to remind everyone who buys the beautiful Cessna C-206 that one minor problem has been corrected. The post lights on the panel would only work when the taxi or landing was on. Brian W. Keske at bkeske2@earthlink.net modified the Alpha (I think) channels on three bmp. files (zip size 237kb) that corrects this problem. Just place the files in each C-206 texture folder. The post lights work then when any light switch is on. Nice simple fix.Contact him to let him know you are downloading and for his website address. I hope I haven't spoken out of turn, if so, sorry Brian. I just consider this an important fix for such a nice airplane.

Guest dogknot

>Don't know if this works for the cargo/amph model though, so>if you try it, back everything up! ;)Thankyou Brian!! That little fix does the trick. The night panel in the C206 is great now that the taxi/LL don't have to be on. BTW, I'm using the replacement textures on the Amphib and Cargo models... Works Great!!Happy Flying! :-wave

Thanks for those files... I tried it myself and have a black alpha channel, saved the files, then loaded up the cargo version... but no red backlighting from the nav lights. what am I doing wrong??

Hi Alex...Are you speaking of the files I modified? Or some you had changed?....Also, note that this 'post lighting' mod typically only works when FS 'says' it is 'night', not 'late-dawn' or 'early-dusk'. As soon as FS say's it is 'light enough' outside, but you still need some additional panel lighting, the panel lighting will be via the 'dome' light in the cockpit.And finally, I would not necessarily call this a 'fix', more a preferance. As far as I know, the origional Carenado set-up may be how the post lighting works in real life. I just don't know, and I would not want to say Carenado didn't know what they were doing, or 'made a mistake'.

Thanks for the files. But I tried it before manually, by making the alpha black on those 3 files, saving it, then starting the game and the post lighting only comes on with the landing lights... bizzarefrom what Ive read, it appears as if the post lighting should always be on, since many things are hard to read without it

Gotcha Alex.It requires a strict way/order of saving the files after changing the alpha channels. Fist you have to 'update' the alpha channel after changing it, then 'save' the embedded alpha and .bmp file in an acceptable format.It took me a couple times to get the order down.Perhaps you did not 'update' the alpha channel after the change?