Is there a program that can be in the window of p3d that will show gpu an cpu temps? Thanks

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Yes, but for that you actually need 2 programs. Msi afterburner https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner and hwinfo https://www.hwinfo.com/ 

You can monitor a lot more things with these two. Tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp43XzHci1E

P.S. i never tried this in FSX/P3D, but it should work. I usually do all testing with P3D in windowed mode using MSI Afterburner(for GPU)and RealTemp or CoreTemp(for CPU), and after that, there's no more need for monitoring

20 minutes ago, lodestar said:

Yes, but for that you actually need 2 programs.

You can do both with Afterburner. I can see the GPU temperature in the main display at the top and CPU temp can be selected to display in the monitoring area (on a graph) at the bottom. It's very flexible - you can monitor average CPU temp or a specific core temp which is often more useful for FSX/P3D. If you also view GPU temps in the monitoring area at the bottom, you can see usage over quite a long period of time.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just now, vortex681 said:

You can do both with Afterburner. I can see the GPU temperature in the main display at the top and CPU temp can be selected to display in the monitoring area (on a graph) at the bottom. If you also view GPU temps in the monitoring area at the bottom, you can see usage over quite a long period of time.

Nice, i said i never tried this :happy:  I know Afterburner shows CPU temps too, but i was not sure if that can be applied in game

1 minute ago, lodestar said:

I know Afterburner shows CPU temps too, but i was not sure if that can be applied in game

I mainly use FSX (in full-screen mode) so can't continuously monitor Afterburner but if I Alt-Enter into windowed mode I can see the instantaneous data and also the temps over the past 10 minutes or so.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Kool thanks y'all. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV