Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP11 makes you 'clean house'

Last week, I dumped XP10 off of my system.  Yesterday, FSX in its entirety, bit the dust..., and to both of them..."bye-bye, bye-bye!"

Giving FSX the boot, gave me 500 clean GB's back on my C: drive.  Gotta love that!

XP11 rocks as my main flirt,...and I have P3D v3.4 for the days I want to ORBX.... :)

Flight sim life is good.

• Upvote 1

500GB of space, wow you must have had a lot of addons :)

I have done the same with FSX and also getting ready to remove XPL10.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

13 minutes ago, tonywob said:

500GB of space, wow you must have had a lot of addons :)

I most certainly did....P3D is also sufficiently stuffed...now...if you tally my Ortho4XP round-up being run by XP11....well........yowzer! :)

1 minute ago, pugilist2 said:

I have done the same with FSX and also getting ready to remove XPL10.

You'll find your system, 200 pounds lighter, LOLOLOLOL!

Won't miss 'em...

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Last week, I dumped XP10 off of my system.  Yesterday, FSX in its entirety, bit the dust..., and to both of them..."bye-bye, bye-bye!"

Giving FSX the boot, gave me 500 clean GB's back on my C: drive.  Gotta love that!

XP11 rocks as my main flirt,...and I have P3D v3.4 for the days I want to ORBX.... :)

Flight sim life is good.

Me too! did very similar way of yours. With XP11, first upgraded hardware, upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 (bad idea), then deleted FSX, then XP10 and finally clean Windows 10 installation with my XP11 setup safe in other drive, that's what I love about XP I can put it wherever I want and do any mayor Windows change. For now XP11 is my sole sim, so I can save money just focusing in one sim. Now all feels lighter, cleaner and faster.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Alexander Colka

Do you really need another 500GB's, Mitch? Don't you already have like 10TB's:tongue:

Seriously though, I just cleaned my drive and got a few hundred GB's back. More orthos!

Funny,

I just put my XP10 into my archive. Been thinking about getting rid of my FSX Steam install too. Can't remember the last time I flew it. Maybe it's time for a fresh install of Win 10 and nothing but X-Plane :)

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

This is for the main part...the impetus for that house cleaning yesterday...Miami Intl...raining like cats and dogs...great 3D immersive sound...and then we broke through the gloom, to a stellar sky!   Frame rates in this heavy cloud and scud...that would make P3D or FSX, take a heart-attack over...:

b738_71.png

b738_72.png

b738_73.png

b738_74.png

b738_77.png

b738_78.png

b738_79.png

b738_80.png

• Upvote 1

Good shots.

Personally, I still don't like the weather depiction in XP-11. Probably a matter of taste, I guess.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Good shots.

Personally, I still don't like the weather depiction in XP-11. Probably a matter of taste, I guess.

Cheers, Ed

What I love about it Ed...is that to me...it looks like every trip I take in the real world...with clouds out to the horizon, and dropping off the edge, lol.  No needing to set it to 60 miles, 70 miles, 80 miles, before your FPS rating tanks on a cloud-filled day.   XP11 and xEnviro 1.6 laughs all the way to the er...to the 'cloud' bank... :)

Cheers!

Mitch'er

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, x-plane 123 said:

Do you really need another 500GB's, Mitch? Don't you already have like 10TB's:tongue:

Seriously though, I just cleaned my drive and got a few hundred GB's back. More orthos!

I do have a few spare TB's idly, playing cards...until called upon for more Ortho....MORE....ortho......they are my Minions.... ;)

Mitch,  If you "want to Orbx", suggest you get rid of P3DV3 and get V4.

That way, you have the two leading flightsims installed  :happy:

Like you, my FSX is on the off-ramp..

• Upvote 1

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Mitch,  If you "want to Orbx", suggest you get rid of P3DV3 and get V4.

That way, you have the two leading flightsims installed  :happy:

Like you, my FSX is on the off-ramp..

Gees Bert, I was just about to say the same thing.

Small investment and their scenery is all compatible, all airports soon, and reinstall is easy now with Central V3.

I will say this its a darn toss up between the two sims, each with its own strengths.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

XPlane11  is my main stay now. I just finished purchasing KCLT and. KMSP but soon after upgrading to a NVidia 1070 I jumped over to XP11. Sunk a couple hundred in planes and scenery and can't shake the lure of XP11 and the several ortho tiles I have downloaded like a scenery junkie. Unlike the mega photo sceneries that have flat no autogen landscapes in fsx the ortho tiles are covered with overlies containing all the objects superimposed over the satellite orthotiles. The night enviroment is like no other, especially the dawn and dusk hours. I am speaking to those who haven't seen XPlane yet. The nights are black with realistic lighting. p3D was going to be too expensive to upgrade for me. I may still consider LM some day but the free addons for XPlane rival the payware for FSX. Yes I'm still waiting for PMDG quality boeing and airbus stuff and I think they will come with demand. The stock 737 graphics rival pmdg and more so in the texture quality. Still pmdg is king in systems funtionality. I'm not getting rid of fsx yet but I see it in the future.

:P Timothy Murphy