Sign in to follow this  
devear

Can I Run It, and how well can I?

Hello everybody,

my birthday is coming soon and my parents are going to get me P3D v4.

P3D v4 costs a lot of money so before they do I would like to get some information on if and how well I can run P3D v4.

Here are my computer specs:
- Intel i7 6700HQ @ 3.4 Ghz (In turbo frequency)

- Nvidia GTX960M (4GB)

- 8 GB DDR4 RAM

- Windows 10 Home 64-bit

What I am planning to use with P3D v4:

- ORBX FTX Global

- REX Soft Clouds/Texture Direct

- Active Sky Next

- Maybe the PMDG 737

I am currently using FSX with all the things listed above and in the PMDG 737 I get about 18 - 26 fps. Without the PMDG 737 I get a pretty steady 30 FPS (It's also locked to 30).

How well do you think my system would run P3D v4 with the listed specs and Addons?

Regards,

Devear

Your laptop should run P3DV4 okay.  In fact, your specs are very common for P3D.  You did not indicate the size of your HDD.  You will need a lot of HDD or SSD space.  Not sure about the expandability of a laptop to add HDD's or SSD's if you need more (for future proofing).  Don't forget the throttle too!

AVSIM has a Hardware Forum where more discussions about this topic are made so I would check out those forums too.  Check out the forums for CPU's.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just keep your P3D settings down when you first start.

It is easy to get carried away with all the shadows, reflections, autogen etc and tank your performance.

Start by turning Shadows off.. you can turn them on later.. and

Read this:

Bert