Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Aerosoft A330 vs Quality Wings 787

Which one are you looking forward to the most?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• QW 787
    • AS A330

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

The A330, but i have not much faith in Aerosoft producing a great 330, looking at what they did with the previous A320 family. I mean, it wasn't bad, but when a real good one came out, one could see the difference quite clearly.

Still, a 330 is more than welcome.

You have to bear in mind the price of the Aerosoft version. The FSL version, the simulation depth reflects the crazy price tag. Aerosoft also gave us 4 different aircrafts, whereas FSL only give us 1. I'm sorry, but the Aerosoft busses are pretty amazing value for money.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

3 minutes ago, nealmac said:

(...) Aerosoft buses are pretty amazing value for money.

Indeed they are, that wasn't the subject. I don't mind paying more to have better when i REALLY like the aircraft type. Same applies to the PMDG/iFly 737 and 747. iFly better value for money, but they just aren't as good and don't feel as good.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Definitely the 787! And then A330 after. I really hope QW keeps their word and releases it soon. Summer will be over next month, nevermind, they're releasing it for FSX first. Who knows when they'll get it out for P3D v4.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Definitely the 787! And then A330 after. I really hope QW keeps their word and releases it soon. Summer will be over next month, nevermind, they're releasing it for FSX first. Who knows when they'll get it out for P3D v4.

Summer is already over where I live. Traditionally, May, June and July are the 3 summer months.

However, I never realised they were releasing the FSX version first. This is always something that irritates me. There's absolutely no reason for any developer to do this. Technically the same aircraft will run perfectly fine in both sims. The only reason there are different versions is because of licencing issues. So this wait is gonna be a lot longer than I had hoped :bengong:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

34 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Summer is already over where I live. Traditionally, May, June and July are the 3 summer months.

However, I never realised they were releasing the FSX version first. This is always something that irritates me. There's absolutely no reason for any developer to do this. Technically the same aircraft will run perfectly fine in both sims. The only reason there are different versions is because of licencing issues. So this wait is gonna be a lot longer than I had hoped :bengong:

This frustrates me as well... but they started development on this years ago before 64bit came into play. I really wish P3D version would be first. FSX really needs to die, it's been around long enough.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

45 minutes ago, nealmac said:

However, I never realised they were releasing the FSX version first. This is always something that irritates me. There's absolutely no reason for any developer to do this.

Do keep in mind that development started years before P3D gained much traction, and if I remember correctly, it had started early enough that it was still being debated whether an FS9 model would exist.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I'll be more interested to see a 787. The A330 is essentially a big A320, so its systems are not vastly different, whereas the 787 is completely different from other Boeings in terms of its core systems and what you see in the cockpit, and I think that makes it a more interesting prospect for us.

As far as Airbuses are concerned, I'd be more interested in seeing a decent A340, since with it having four engines, there are a few things it can do which most other airliners, being twins (other than the B747 and A380 of course) cannot do, i.e. go across massive oceans without worrying about any of that ETOPS malarkey. This is why that 787 test flight yesterday for a record number of hours stayed over the continental US.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I agree, a 340 would be great as it is something new and like you say a 330 is too similar.

I'll go 787 for something a bit different.

Btw I think the 2012 test flight was nearly 2 hours longer.

Chris

On 04/08/2017 at 1:44 PM, Captain Kevin said:

Do keep in mind that development started years before P3D gained much traction, and if I remember correctly, it had started early enough that it was still being debated whether an FS9 model would exist.

Yeah. I suppose I forgot to take P3D's move to 64bit into account. However other developers have been doing this for a long time. FSL did it with their A320. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, ukplane1 said:

So Summer is over and the QW787 never got released as promised:) 

It is still summer for 2 weeks yet.  Autumn starts September 22, 2017.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

Culturally, summer is over.  Scientifically, summer does not end until the autumnal equinox, which won't happen til later in the month.  Probably won't release by then either, but it's software development.  It is what it is.

Has the A32x from Aerosoft been ported to P3Dv4 yet?

On the OP's Q. I am trying not to anticipate any new aircraft cause It's messing up my enjoyment of my simming. 

This is what I was doing, biting my nails over the release of each of the PMDG aircraft, the 777, the 747, the 737 and the DC6. Not flying.

I feel I have enough add-ons and enough aircraft, I have stopped looking for new addons... I am trying real hard to break this bad habit of always looking for the next best thing. It's very hard for me to do!

But the answer is the 787. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

HAs the A32x from aerosoft been ported to P3Dv4?

Not yet... still waiting for that as well... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471