Sign in to follow this  
Guest IFC2

Will Ground Environment make BEV obsolete?

Nice...I held off on BEV (for my own personal reasons) and now I am glad I did. I will get this GE2006 next weekend.

Eric 

Guest jennifer

"excuse me? my surname is Vos..."My humble apologies. . . Vos. Either way, your work is superb.

Guest fox450

Not a problem... i can understand the confusion... Even myself can get confused sometimes...; "what's your surname sir? ehhh voz, no, no, ehhh vos, yeah that's the one" :D

Guest jennifer

Yep. . . . I was thinking VOZ Australis! I won't even tell you the number of variations of my name I've received!

Guest Logan826

Peter, I glanced through this post and didn't see anyone ask this question. Sorry if it's been asked. Will this work with FSG and UT ? I have both installed and was hoping this would mesh with it. GE looks fantastic.Thanks, Dan K

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks for asking the question Dan,We have been testing in-depth now using both FSG and UT both for USA and for Europe and it's looking fantastic together.We are really confident you will like the way this works together. Many of the screen shots on our web site are showing FSG and UT used with GE.Thanks for the complement.

Guest grot

> The fact is though we haved>avoided complexity and Anthony and I don't like having to>tweak and set things up on programs we buy. For that reason we>don't want our customers having to do that either. We have>gone to great lengths to ensure using our package is easy, and>that will suit 90% of users very well out of the box. For the>other 10% we are going to be making some updates and tweaks to>add some more fun.Hey, no disrespect meant - I was just pointing out there's room out there for lots of options. Heck, I own Fscene and BEV textures, some of the true photoreal sets, and I'll be buying yours as well. Half the fun for me is noodling around with this stuff. (I know, there are plenty of folks who will now yell at me to 'just go fly' but I honestly get half my pleasure from poking around the edges).So it's all good. I really and truly believe that SOooo much of this stuff is eye of the beholder. I personally HATE true photo scenery because I tend to like low/slow. Because I'm a natural born tweaker, I love the BEV noodlmaster 2000 interface. I'm sure I'll love it. All I've seen is the gallery shots, but I can already tell there are some things I like more already (urban/suburban) and some things I have other preferences for (desert/canyon/mountain textures). This has NOTHING to do with some kind of empiric "accuracy" and everything to do with "what I like to look at."Eagerly awaiting...

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks for that,Yes, we know that some users like to play and tweak things so we will be providing some options over the next few weeks to expand the package to allow more variations such as rural varitions for Holland or more vibrant colours etc, etc,For advanced tweakers and or users who understand BEV of course it will be possible to make a hybrid set or a themed set.

Guest PPSFA

I bought Flight Environment a few months ago and have reccomended to everyone I know....you can be sure I will get Ground Also! Great product!

Guest PPSFA

OMG! I just found the GE page and checked the screen shots and info! I will gladly pay you today for the first download on Friday! It IS going to be available as a download isn't it? I don't want to wait for snail mail! :-)

Guest PPSFA

I find very few companies that have their 'act' together, and those that do deserve Kudo's!I bought the very first FS back in 95 I think it was, but never used it much. I bought each additional version and never used them much either until FS9. Once I saw the graphics, I was blown away. Little did I know that as good as FS was, there were addons available to make it better.Since I use FS to re-create aircraft accidents for a training company, I wanted the best graphics I could find. Not knowing anything about it, I researched everything available, and narrowed it down to 2 programs, World Extreme Landscapes and Flight Envirenment. I figured they both were global, and for the price, even if they didn't live up to expectations, I wasn't out much.I am a person who likes things to work, period, and the easier the better. I don't want to spend hours or days tweaking. I installed FE and had it running in minutes! Impressive! Then I loaded it into FS and immediatly fell in love! Outstanding Graphics! I am also a RL pilot, so I have a good idea what things are supposed to look like, and this was as close to real weather as I had ever seen. I was hooked on FE and immediatly contacted everyone I know who runs FS and told them to buy it.If it ended there, I wouldn't even bother to post this, because for a company to do what they say they will do isn't grounds for a pat on the back in my book. What prompted me to take the time to type this is this....I poked around until I found the link to GE, because based on FE, I just had to check it out. Again, outstanding graphics, as I expected. I decided on the spot to purchase this, and found a link to 'support'. Now with most emails to a companies, support, the email falls into a giant black hole and either dissappears, or it takes days to get a reply, and when you do you seldom get an answer to your question.NOT SO at Flight1 ! Not only did I get an immediate reply, but it was from the developer himself, Mr Vos! Now THAT got my attention! And thats the reason I will not only purchase ANY product Flight 1 sells, but will also spread the word to everyone I know. Between the info posted here, and the reply I got from email, it is obvious that this company not only cares about their products, but their customers also!Salute Mr Wilding, Mr Vos and Flight1!Jay Gardner (PPS)Fighter Ace Community ManagerKetsujin Studioshttps://fighterace.ketsujin.com

Guest fox450

Thanx for your kind words Jay, for me customer support is the most important thing! ;-)

Guest Logan826

Thanks for the fast response. If that's the case, you just sold another copy. ;) that and fast response like this, you've got another customer.Thanks, Dan K