Sign in to follow this  
maca11

problems ´with cockpit displays after latest fix

Hello,

after the latest fix (complete reinstall) all seems to be ok, however, once I start up p3d and 744 v3 all displays are switched on (default start) but no data in it (e.g. like engines would be completely off but they are running, no data in PFD e.t.c.)

any idea what this could be ?

many thanks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

7 hours ago, maca11 said:

Hello,

after the latest fix (complete reinstall) all seems to be ok, however, once I start up p3d and 744 v3 all displays are switched on (default start) but no data in it (e.g. like engines would be completely off but they are running, no data in PFD e.t.c.)

any idea what this could be ?

many thanks

JM

When you say complete reinstall, do you mean uninstall then reinstall or repair?

to be honest, for the first time as repair but it did not work at all, so I uninstalled completely and installed newly...

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

7 minutes ago, maca11 said:

to be honest, for the first time as repair but it did not work at all, so I uninstalled completely and installed newly...

JM

Hmmm the uninstall then reinstall should have sorted it (that's the correct way to do it FYI). Do you have any antivirus that could have interfered with the install?

Hi, yes I have but in settings I excluded the installer (did the same think before as well). I was thinking if the problem cannot be in mixing up with previous set-up of displays(under FMC options) files... Are they deleted completely during uninstallation ?

many thanks !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Your user settings are preserved when you uninstall one version and install a new version.  The only action normally required is a repair by the OC to restore the liverys you had.

More detail please in the problem description. Are the displays showing any graphics and missing alphanumeric characters only, or are the displays black?  Did you have the 20 s countdown when the airplane loaded?

Dan Downs KCRP

actually all graphics are there only missing numbers..... Waited all the countdown. Tried also switch off engines and do all start process again... All as usual, only numbers in displays are missing....

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

3 hours ago, maca11 said:

All as usual, only numbers in displays are missing....

Windows cannot find the fonts for whatever reason.  If you look in your P3D\Fonts folder you should see 13 PMDG 744v2 font files (I was surprised to see that v2!!).  You can either install these or run the QOTSII installer again as admin and select REPAIR.

Dan Downs KCRP