Sign in to follow this  
Christian1

Crz flight level not recognized

Hello

I have done now my first p2a flight from eddh to eddl. P2a had recommended crz fl of 100 but i have changed it to 200. It gives me an initial fl of 4000ft and then of fl 100. Thats it for the whole flight. I tried to climb on my own drcision but p2a complains and advises to sink again to fl 100. What am i doing wrong ? Many thanx fir your input

Rg christian

Christian,

The 10000 cruise altitude is just a default value, not a recommended one.

You need to enter the new value, 20000 in your case, before you file the flight plan, otherwise, ATC will not be aware of it.  The Filing of the flight plan is how ATC is aware of your plan.  Any changes you make after filing are not sent to ATC.

Regards,

Dave

1 hour ago, bjwoody61 said:

Can you request a change in altitude from ATC in flight?

Yes you can. <callsign> request climb to flight level xxx

p

no no, bjwoody61, as stated below. It was my mistake. I changed the Flight Level after filing to ATC. That is not possible !

You can request a different altitude from ATC using your voice or SayIt.  If ATC approves it, you can fly it. 

You cannot just change it in the Flight Plan once you've filed.  However, if you get approval, you can change it in the flight plan and press Validate to get an updated TOD calculation.  HOWEVER, Do Not File the flight plan again.

Dave