Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

trees/Ground too Green

In my opinion, the summer textures for ground and trees are too green in V4.  Is there a way to change that and make them darker?  I have ORBX Vector and all of the North America packages so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Have you tried different lighting settings? Less saturation? Reduce brightness?

On my Dell Ultrasharps, RGB can be adjusted which is what I've done and has worked well. This is really an issue (green) with ORBX scenery.

Cheers,

Mark

If you have a Nvidia card, go into the settings and turn down the "dynamic" setting under the color section after you select to run the colors through the GPU and not monitor or TV settings. That dims down the colors just like you want. That's what I did.

Eric 

19 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

the summer textures for ground and trees are too green in V4. 

I have ORBX Vector and all of the North America packages so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Do you find the textures to be "too green" when you are outside the coverage area of the ORBX North America packages you have?

Hard to say... I haven't flow outside of any of my Orbx in NA.  I can try to post a pic.  What is strange is that the trees are almost a neon, but the streets are dark so it makes a weird contrast. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Do you have the vegetation receiving shadows turned off while the ground is set to receive shadows?  That would do that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Hard to say... I haven't flow outside of any of my Orbx in NA.  I can try to post a pic.  What is strange is that the trees are almost a neon, but the streets are dark so it makes a weird contrast. 

Turn off dynamic lighting, that affects the color of Orbx trees.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I also feel that the trees have a neon green look to them that seems out of place. I have Global Base and NA LC.

I tried both of the lighting options mentioned but I didn't see any change. Everything else looks fine.

Here is another thread and it appears to have a solution (and a few pics) of the problem. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 8/1/2017 at 10:30 AM, Midnight Music said:

Turn off dynamic lighting, that affects the color of Orbx trees.

I meant dynamic trees or vegetation, that makes the ORBX trees look too green.

Lee H

3 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I meant dynamic trees or vegetation, that makes the ORBX trees look too green.

Yup, that worked.

What am I giving up with this unchecked?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just P3D speed trees, that's it. They move in the wind, a little bit.

Lee H

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Just P3D speed trees, that's it. They move in the wind, a little bit.

Just curious...does anyone really care about this feature? I certainly don't...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Not having speed trees on has not caused me to lose any sleep.

• Upvote 1

Lee H

On 8/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, b1bmsgt said:

Just curious...does anyone really care about this feature? I certainly don't...

If I'm low enough to see trees moving, I'm too busy to look at the trees.