Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

PFPX causing CTD

21 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I've never installed WideFS

Neither me, Never in FSX-SE, and no FSUIPC yet in P3Dv4

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Dan, as far as I know, I've never installed WideFS either, but PFPX tracks my aircraft ok. I don't believe WideFS is needed. As Kyle says, it probably just uses SimConnect.

When i click on the FS2004/FSX icon top left, down below in the large pane is says "connecting to FS2004/FSX (requires FSUIPC/FSX)," so if you guys don't need WideFS that might be because my PFPX in on a separate workstation in my network and it is wants to use WideFS as a client.  Maybe?  The PFPX manual page 68 "The actual aircraft position and altitude of your Microsoft Flight Simulator aircraft can also be displayed on the map window (requires FSUIPC/WideFS). It makes no mention of this being a requirement only in the network environment and yet you guys don't need it. I guess there are changes to the program and not to the manual.

Dan Downs KCRP

18 hours ago, downscc said:

My PFPX always crashes on its own, usually it takes a couple of hours but it has never been stable.  The support guys point to ensuring we have current runtime modules, which isn't the solution.

PFPX leaving the scene shouldn't have any impact on your P3D, which isn't even aware that PFPX is running.

Same, my PFPX surrenders by itself too after a couple of hours if I leave it open. I run it onfa  networked second computer though.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

8 hours ago, vc10man said:

SimConnect

Where is this in P3Dv4? I knew where it was in FSX-SE. Cannot locate the SDK folder.

Just in the climb phase of the same EGPK-EGCC(Prestwick-Manchester) flight in the PMDG 737NGC-700 and unlike last night, tough wood, no CTD. Mind you I'm not running PFPX in the background.

Talking off topic, is there a discount for previous FSUIPC v4 owners to v5?

8 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Where is this in P3Dv4? I knew where it was in FSX-SE. Cannot locate the SDK folder.

Just in the climb phase of the same EGPK-EGCC(Prestwick-Manchester) flight in the PMDG 737NGC-700 and unlike last night, tough wood, no CTD. Mind you I'm not running PFPX in the background.

Talking off topic, is there a discount for previous FSUIPC v4 owners to v5?

The SDK has to be downloaded separately from you LM Downloads page, and then it will be <P3D>\SDK

FSUIPC upgrade... not free and I don't remember the cost but I don't think there is a discount... and good grief, let the guy get compensated for his work for which many in the community are grateful.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

not free

Thanks for the SDK source, Dan.

Was not expecting any free upgrade. Far from it. Dowson deserves our support. Just wanted a rough idea if there was a costed upgrade path. If not, I'll wait till my exchange rate improves and make the buy.

Update to last night's CTD:

Just completed a successful short flight with updated PFPX running in the background. No CTD.