Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Autofligt

28 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

No I have not look into the angle of attack training. It looks that the want my money for the tutorial.

It's not just a tutorial, their website says it has over 9 hours of step by step video training. I've never tried it myself but have heard positive reviews, and for someone like yourself it may be worth a try. 

Oh and FYI I'm not affiliated with them in any way so this isn't some shameless punt for your money, I'm just recommending it based off what I've seen and think it would help you.

Just now, PMDG777 said:

It's not just a tutorial, their website says it has over 9 hours of step by step video training. I've never tried it myself but have heard positive reviews, and for someone like yourself it may be worth a try. 

Oh and FYI I'm not affiliated with them in any way so this isn't some shameless punt for your money, I'm just recommending it based off what I've seen and think it would help you.

Just now, PMDG777 said:

I understand you. Well, I can give it a try. It does not matter if you can make money from recommending something. There is nothing wrong with making money. Do as Pedipie on You Tube does:-) He has a good business idea. Making people interest at software playing and earn some very good money.

2 hours ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

I understand you. Well, I can give it a try. It does not matter if you can make money from recommending something. There is nothing wrong with making money. Do as Pedipie on You Tube does:-) He has a good business idea. Making people interest at software playing and earn some very good money.

I think you just need to keep doing what you are doing.  In my opinion commercial tutorials are of value if you have to be spoon fed information but if you are motivated and curious and patient then you can pick up everything you need from the documentation, PMDG tutorial and user support forum.  At first it is overwhelming but focus on the Tutorial first.  Study the Introduction and become familiar where things are in the FCOM.  Use the Introduction for anything related to how the PMDG product works, use the FCOM for anything related to how the aircraft works.

Be patient grasshopper.

Dan Downs KCRP

A Good suggest! Today I have learn how to input weather prediction in FMC. FCOM is a comprehensive document, but 747 is a complex machine that requires complex documents.

I will be patient:-)

18 hours ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

A Good suggest! Today I have learn how to input weather prediction in FMC. FCOM is a comprehensive document, but 747 is a complex machine that requires complex documents.

I will be patient:-)

Everyone has to start somewhere and one day you'll be a pro at it like some of the guys on here. I still learn new things about the 747/777/737 every time I fly it!

Just now, PMDG777 said:

Everyone has to start somewhere and one day you'll be a pro at it like some of the guys on here. I still learn new things about the 747/777/737 every time I fly it!

Yes, very good to here that!

Hi Ken,

a friend of mine has flown the 777 as a first officer and now is a captain on the 737... she sais if you can fly a cessna you can fly the 777. it's just bigger. But to UNDERSTAND it you will need a LOT of lessons and training. 

The 744 is older, less automated and a pleasure to fly (and manage). But you will want to study its systems. Reading (and understanding) the FMA is essential for every advanced glass cockpit airliner and you have to (yep, you're the pilot :P) know every minute what your airplane is doing and why it is doing that. Thats called situation awareness or better it's part of it. That's for the part of the information and knowledge ^^ 

but: neigher a 747 nor any other airliner will go into a steep turn/decent when its systems operate correctly, no matter what stands on the Leg page. My guess is do you have any third unused hardware connected to the computer whose axes are assigned to your aircraft controls? Fsx and p3d both use to do that. Check all your assigned axes on ALL controllers. The ap of the 747 will disconnect VERY easily by default if there are any manual movements on the controls... maxbe you want to check that... 

and sth is getting on my mind: don't look at the MCP to check what your a/c is doing the lamps just mean you can switch it off by pressing the buttons. Your aircraft is doing what it tells you on the FMA, that's how the plane communicates with you. 

Hope you can fix it, 

Marc

Just now, Ephedrin said:

Hi Ken,

a friend of mine has flown the 777 as a first officer and now is a captain on the 737... she sais if you can fly a cessna you can fly the 777. it's just bigger. But to UNDERSTAND it you will need a LOT of lessons and training. 

The 744 is older, less automated and a pleasure to fly (and manage). But you will want to study its systems. Reading (and understanding) the FMA is essential for every advanced glass cockpit airliner and you have to (yep, you're the pilot :P) know every minute what your airplane is doing and why it is doing that. Thats called situation awareness or better it's part of it. That's for the part of the information and knowledge ^^ 

but: neigher a 747 nor any other airliner will go into a steep turn/decent when its systems operate correctly, no matter what stands on the Leg page. My guess is do you have any third unused hardware connected to the computer whose axes are assigned to your aircraft controls? Fsx and p3d both use to do that. Check all your assigned axes on ALL controllers. The ap of the 747 will disconnect VERY easily by default if there are any manual movements on the controls... maxbe you want to check that... 

and sth is getting on my mind: don't look at the MCP to check what your a/c is doing the lamps just mean you can switch it off by pressing the buttons. Your aircraft is doing what it tells you on the FMA, that's how the plane communicates with you. 

Hope you can fix it, 

Marc

Hi! Thank´s! Yes I have check all axis and update all software. I fly the VRS F/A 18E and the DODOSIM -206 helicopter without any problem. I am right now in a flight from UUEE-ESSA. No dive yet:-)

• Upvote 1