Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Z

P3D v.4 Plans

Are there any plans to release a P3d v.4 C0185?  It's not listed on various lists.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Seems like this one is being left behind.

probably an HD version around the corner?

Hope so, it's my aircraft of choice for Alaska bush flying.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had this for FSX, but the installer won't install it into P3Dv4.  It just gives me an error saying "FSX not installed" which is true since I uninstalled it.  If Carenado doesn't update this or release something similar shortly, I'll just move on to another bush plane.  That's easy money just laying on the table, but I guess they don't see it as a profit earning product. 

Just a heads up for anyone interested.  This airplane (bush edition) is now for sale at Flight1.com and is P3D ready.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:00 PM, curt1 said:

I had this for FSX, but the installer won't install it into P3Dv4.  It just gives me an error saying "FSX not installed" which is true since I uninstalled it.  If Carenado doesn't update this or release something similar shortly, I'll just move on to another bush plane.  That's easy money just laying on the table, but I guess they don't see it as a profit earning product. 

I have it installed in P3D.  First, directly into v4.0 and now using the add-on.xml method in 4.1.  I also have the Bonanza F33A installed... both aircraft work fine here.  I too no longer have FSX installed.  What is the path of your P3Dv4?  Do you have a copy of the FSX.exe placed in the root of P3D?

Greg

I don't have the fsx.exe file in my P3D folder.  Since time passed by, I went ahead and bought the Milviz Beaver that works out nicely.   

I've not bought the Beaver yet but still like the C185 alot.  How do you like the Beaver and do you miss the 185 since changing to the former?

Thanks,

Greg

I like the Beaver, as it's a more recent release and has some features that the C185 doesn't.  Integrated GTN GPS, stall effects, and a much better looking VC.  I've encountered some wacky behavior though when landing on very small sloped landing strips.  That may be partially my fault, but it reacts violently if you land too hard.  On the other hand, on regular grass strips and runways it may be the easiest plane to land in my hangar.  I do miss the C185 for those really tight landing strips, because it's easier to handle right up to the stall speed.  I may repurchase the F1 version as it's only $20.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Curt!  Been meaning to get serious about the Beaver and will probably do the deal next week (too busy to do much flying this week).

Cheers,

Greg

This is available at Flight1 and it says P3Dv4 compatible.  I wonder why Carenado's website does not have it?  I bought mine for FSX there.