Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

What in the devil's canyon?

Can anyone explain this? lol.  This is default ABQ.  Anything not a taxiway, runway or building is sunk thousands of feet below.  Addons are ORBX Base, Vector and North America. 

aIH1wJ2.jpg

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Check the Vector airport tool - you may have to enable/disable the airport.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Wow - mine looks the same!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

yeah, If you go to orbx support and search for kabq you will find a whole thread on this, but not really a solution,  I believe the problem lies in that there are differences with this airport between the default fsx version, and the default p3d version, and y'all probably have mytraffic installed?

I fixed this for me by manually editing files in the orbx vector and mytraffic directories,  This is not by any means an approved orbx solution, and I'm not sure if there's a way to do it with the automated tool or not.  so any files you change, please back up, and you do this at your own risk, yada yada yada.

what I did was this:

If you have my traffic installed, go to the mytraffic scenery folder, rename the file BR2_KABQ.bgl to BR2_KABQ.off  then rename the file that says BR2_KABQ.BGL.for_P3D to BR2_KABQ.bgl (keep in mind if you have fsx and prepar3d using the same mytraffic installation, you may end up with problems at kabq in fsx by doing this)

then go to your ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_AEC/scenery folder and make sure that there is an AEC_KABQ.BGL file.  if it is AEC_KABQ.inactive  set it to .bgl

then go to your ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_APT/scenery folder and you will find 3 KABQ files.  activate the ABP_KABQ file by changing it to ABP_KABQ.bgl  then DEACTIVATE the ABP_KABQ_Default.bgl file by changing it to ABP_KABQ_Default.inactive.  and then make sure the APT_KABQ.bgl file is set to APT_KABQ.inactive.

then load up the sim and let it refresh its scenery.  worked for me.  keep in mind there are reports of double taxiway signs here as well, I don't know if this will fix it, I was only worried about the elevation probs, and only verified that they were taken care of.

this setup fixed this for me.  again, please back up all these files before you do this

2017-7-31_23-13-0-622.jpg

I was having a similar issue. I used the vector airport tool and it still wasn't completely fixed. After I made some corrections in the scenery library everything was fine. My problem was the order of the sceneries in the library.

Jeff

😀

As Vic says above, since you mentioned Orbx Vector it's definitely the airport elevation tool in Vector; I've seen the same thing many times after running their 'auto config' tool for airport elevations.  Frankly I think it's best to avoid running the auto-scan of all the airports in the sim (you'll end up with a bunch that look like this) and just fix ones that you come across while flying and want to use...but yes that's more work.  Or you can run the auto config tool and disable only the ones you come across like ABQ above.

Or in my case (for many other reasons) I just disabled Vector!  :happy:

Kevin

Kevin S

Well, ABQ is fixed!  Thanks for the tip.  I did as described above but didn't touch any of the MyTraffic Scenery stuff.  So far so good.  Hopefully I don't run in to too many like this.  I normally fly in to alot of payware airports but haven't found a good ABQ yet.  I usually do 1-2 hour flights tops and ABQ just happened to be in range.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Are the folks on the Orbx forum at all hopeful that eventually they will figure this out?  I don't want to make a lot of changes and then they issue an update.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

its a conflict with a third party scenery, in this case mytraffic.  It doesn't happen with default apparently, so I wouldn't expect them to issue a patch.