Sign in to follow this  
Olmba

Tested 100%

Hi,

I try to modify some checklist and flows for the PMDG 738 NGX and i'm struggle to get Testet, one hundred percent to work as a answer to the preflight checklist.I have try to modify the B737NGX_Check.txt with "tested, one hundred percent", tested, 100% " but nothing seems to work. If only use "tested" everything works fine.. The co pilot replyes with, "what was that again, teted one hundred percent, ok, confirm" 
 Any workaround this?

10 hours ago, Olmba said:

Hi,

I try to modify some checklist and flows for the PMDG 738 NGX and i'm struggle to get Testet, one hundred percent to work as a answer to the preflight checklist.I have try to modify the B737NGX_Check.txt with "tested, one hundred percent", tested, 100% " but nothing seems to work. If only use "tested" everything works fine.. The co pilot replyes with, "what was that again, teted one hundred percent, ok, confirm" 
 Any workaround this?

OK, it will be looked at this week.

Meanwhile, suggest you don't modify the checklists in installation folder, because the files would be removed and replaced by the default ones after updating MCE. which happens frequently. Not to mention Windows possibly not allowing editing of files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

Suggest you copy the original file "B737NGX_Check.txt" and paste it somewhere else like \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Edit the pasted copy there.

With a specific PMDG variant and livery loaded, go to MCE <Checklist> tab in user interface and click <Change> button.

Browse to the location of the custom checklist and load it. MCE will prompt you whether you want that checklist to be default for that NGX variant. Reply Yes.

Note: If you switch to another livery, you need to do the same, as it would load the default checklist otherwise.

Gerard,

Thanks for your great support you are given for the this excellent product.

Yes, for sure, when I work with checklist and script I always use backup folder.

Some other issue I have experience with the lates release running in P3dV4:
- When request Fuel (GSX) and after the fuel truck arrive they ask for fuel quantity. I say for example 4.6 tons, the reply I get is  like this "what you say, say again please, ok 4.6 tons" I reply with yes, some strange figure is written into the FMS scratch pad, but nothing more happen, only get asket over and over again for the fuel quantity. This happen even If i ask for tons, pounds for all weight figures

- Is there a command for MACH Airspeed Warning test? I cannot seem to find that in any documents?

In advance thanks.

5 hours ago, Olmba said:

- When request Fuel (GSX) and after the fuel truck arrive they ask for fuel quantity. I say for example 4.6 tons, the reply I get is  like this "what you say, say again please, ok 4.6 tons" I reply with yes, some strange figure is written into the FMS scratch pad, but nothing more happen, only get asket over and over again for the fuel quantity. This happen even If i ask for tons, pounds for all weight figures

I have the same problem with the newest version of MCE in P3dV3.4. The fuel amount gets entered correctly in the right MCDU but the refueling does not start. I have to start it manually. This is with the Aerosoft Airbus. Worked fine before.

9 hours ago, Olmba said:

Gerard,

Thanks for your great support you are given for the this excellent product.

Yes, for sure, when I work with checklist and script I always use backup folder.

- Is there a command for MACH Airspeed Warning test? I cannot seem to find that in any documents?

In advance thanks.

You're welcome.

I did test and it appears, the coma in "tested, one hundred percent" is causing this to be mishandled. Just write "tested one hundred percent" without any punctuation and it should be OK (I tested it).

With regards confirming fuel figure...

I recently came across a YouTube video which illustrates the issue.

User had to repeat 3 times, because on the first 2 attempts, the reply didn't have the keyword "tons". Only "4.5". That's why mechanic kept prompting. He eventually got it.

[media] 

There is a reason for that. The speech rule that handles confirmation of numbers with decimals is the same that applies to confirming non integer numbers. And it has "tons", "gallons", "pounds" as optional words at the bottom of the speech rule. Therefore speech engine may or may not pick these up.

If this persists, we can always make 2 separate speech rules, with one of them only enabled when needing to confirm fuel figure, with those "units" keywords being mandatory this time.

One of the built-in commands for overspeed checks is.

check overspeed warning

verify overspeed warning

test overspeed warning

Now, could easily add other variants like "check mach airspeed warning" by simply editing one of the speech grammar files in \CandC\ folder.

But I'd like to take this opportunity to make you aware, that with MCE it's possible to talk to co-pilot using natural language. Here is how you do that.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

In "Voxscript Overview" panel, create a new custom speech command that comes to you naturally. Let's assume it's "check mach airspeed warning".

The new trigger speech command will be listed.

Normally, Voxscript is there to allow you to create personal tasks for co-pilot to execute, with many commands as part of the flow.

On this occasion, you just want to create an aliased command for an existing one that co-pilot is trained to respond to. this time, Voxscript will act as a translator.

Select the newly created command and click <Edit>

In "Voxscript Properties" panel, enable option "Verbose", so you can hear the co-pilot's reply.

Then click <Edit script commands>.

In next window, simply add one of the built-in commands. Example "check overspeed warning", Make sure there are no typos. You could actually check the command is performing what it's supposed to by clicking the <Test> button.

Don't forget to save.

That's it. From then on, speaking your custom speech command would act as if you said "check overspeed warning". And you can even include it as part of another flow.

You could go one step further...

If English isn't your native language and you'd like to inject some local language talk and get FO to understand you, it's also possible.

Select the custom command you just created and click <Clone Script>

You'll be prompted to write the other trigger sentence that would achieve the same result.

Type anything you want. Even things like "zeeg zag doo" which I hope don't mean anything in any language. :biggrin:

The speech engine mostly cares about how they sound not what they mean. Basically MCE will associate the noise you make to a built-in command the co-pilot is trained to react to.

Feel free to simulate a Spanish, Danish, Swedish or any language speech command using English phonemes.

Do that for most commands that don't come to your mind naturally, and you can seamlessly interact with your co-pilot.

By default, custom speech commands are associated with aircraft type you created them under.

If you want to create a custom command that applies to all aircraft, before creating it, de-select option "Show scripts for current aircraft only".

Alternatively, you could go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\ folder, then copy and paste flows that you created for a specific variant, say 737-800 NGX to 737-900 NGX.

The subfolder <All> contains flows or aliased commands that apply to all aircraft.

Flows or aliased commands associated with a specific aircraft type, will only be available for speech recognition, when that aircraft variant is detected.

Modified flows are never overwritten nor removed when you update MCE.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

I did test and it appears, the coma in "tested, one hundred percent" is causing this to be mishandled. Just write "tested one hundred percent" without any punctuation and it should be OK (I tested it).

Please look at my checklist below.

The coma was just one example for one of the variant that have been tested, nothing works. Tested it again now with the following result ;

FO say: Oxygen
Me say: tested one hundred percent
FO say: "please confirm, you requested something, ok tested, one hundred percent "  

PREFLIGHT

[ ] Pins and covers                 --    Removed
[ ] Oxygen                     --    Tested one hundred percent
[ ] Navigation transfer and display switches     --    NORMAL, AUTO
[ ] Window heat                 --    ON
[ ] Air cond & pressurization            --    PACK, bleeds on, set
[ ] Flight instruments                 --    Track and QNH set, altitude checked
[ ] Parking brake                --    Set
[ ] Engine start levers             --    CUTOFF
[ ] Rudder and aileron trim             --    Free and zero
[ ] Taxi and Take off briefing            --    Completed
[ ] Fuel                     --    As required, pumps on
[ ] Passenger signs                 --    Set
[ ] Autobrake                     --    RTO
[ ] CDU preflight                 --    Completed
[ ] Takeoff speeds                 --    speeds set
[ ] MCP                     --    Set

Everything else work flawless regards to speech recognition, except from the fuling issue,  and yes that is me that have recorded that video. :huh: It works at the third attempt because I entered the fuel quantity into the FMC myself  :cool:

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

One of the built-in commands for overspeed checks is.

check overspeed warning

verify overspeed warning

test overspeed warning

Thanks, that works, any tips where this command's can be found?

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

If this persists, we can always make 2 separate speech rules, with one of them only enabled when needing to confirm fuel figure, with those "units" keywords being mandatory this time.

I belive that's the way forward.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

her variants like "check mach airspeed warning" by simply editing one of the speech grammar files in \CandC\ folder.

But I'd like to take this opportunity to make you aware, that with MCE it's possible to talk to co-pilot using natural language. Here is how you do that.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

In "Voxscript Overview" panel, create a new custom speech command that comes to you naturally. Let's assume it's "check mach airspeed warning".

The new trigger speech command will be listed.

speech grammar files and Voxscript is on my task to investigate more in depth shortly.  I belive you will hear more "nagging" from me  :ampun:

43 minutes ago, Olmba said:

Please look at my checklist below.

The coma was just one example for one of the variant that have been tested, nothing works. Tested it again now with the following result ;

FO say: Oxygen
Me say: tested one hundred percent
FO say: "please confirm, you requested something, ok tested, one hundred percent "  

PREFLIGHT

[ ] Pins and covers                 --    Removed
[ ] Oxygen                     --    Tested one hundred percent
[ ] Navigation transfer and display switches     --    NORMAL, AUTO
[ ] Window heat                 --    ON
[ ] Air cond & pressurization            --    PACK, bleeds on, set
[ ] Flight instruments                 --    Track and QNH set, altitude checked
[ ] Parking brake                --    Set
[ ] Engine start levers             --    CUTOFF
[ ] Rudder and aileron trim             --    Free and zero
[ ] Taxi and Take off briefing            --    Completed
[ ] Fuel                     --    As required, pumps on
[ ] Passenger signs                 --    Set
[ ] Autobrake                     --    RTO
[ ] CDU preflight                 --    Completed
[ ] Takeoff speeds                 --    speeds set
[ ] MCP                     --    Set

Everything else work flawless regards to speech recognition, except from the fuling issue,  and yes that is me that have recorded that video. :huh: It works at the third attempt because I entered the fuel quantity into the FMC myself  :cool:

Thanks, that works, any tips where this command's can be found?

I belive that's the way forward.

speech grammar files and Voxscript is on my task to investigate more in depth shortly.  I belive you will hear more "nagging" from me  :ampun:

I assume you edited the custom checklist using Notepad and not other tool that may inject invisible characters. Eventually send the file to support[at]multicrewxp.com for inspection. I see many lines have the comma.

Will have a separate speech rule for confirming fuel in next update this week.

You can access documentation via the Windows menu.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Shared commands (for all speech commands that apply to all aircraft)

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Aircraft specific commands (for those speech commands that are only enabled when a specific supported aircraft is detected)

Eventually, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Docs\ folder and you'll find a ton of documentation there.

Here is a video showing how to build tasks for FO to execute.

[media] 

[/media]

EDIT: Regarding custom checklist. I don't know if this really matters, but I suggest you switch Windows keyboard to English US before editing. As the file is assumed to be ASCII.

Discard the previous one, copy original again and edit it as you see fit. Just don't use any punctuation.

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

Regarding custom checklist. I don't know if this really matters, but I suggest you switch Windows keyboard to English US before editing. As the file is assumed to be ASCII.

Discard the previous one, copy original again and edit it as you see fit. Just don't use any punctuation.

I copy the original, with keyboard set to English UK with no luck

What i dont understand is when you say coma could be a problem, if you look at my checklist i use coma several placed with no problems?

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Shared commands (for all speech commands that apply to all aircraft)

Assume you refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Doc folder, there is no document with such name in this folder?
closest I get is \Commands Quick Ref.doc

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Aircraft specific commands (for those speech commands that are only enabled when a specific supported aircraft is detected)

This documents is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Doc folder in my case I belive you refer to \B737 NGX_Commands.pdf ?

11 hours ago, Olmba said:

I copy the original, with keyboard set to English UK with no luck

What i dont understand is when you say coma could be a problem, if you look at my checklist i use coma several placed with no problems?

Assume you refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Doc folder, there is no document with such name in this folder?
closest I get is \Commands Quick Ref.doc

This documents is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Doc folder in my case I belive you refer to \B737 NGX_Commands.pdf ?

Yes, you'll find some commands that only apply to 737 NG in "NGX_Command.pdf".

Commands such as "set speed XXX", "set parking brake", "arm spoilers", "gear down/up" are considered as "shared". You'll find them grouped by system.

Example, "Autopilot_cmd.rtf" for all MCP related commands.

What I noticed after editing the checklist is that although the coma doesn't prevent the checklist being loaded and executed. When FO says "Oxyen" and I reply "tested one hundred percent", I have the same issue you reported. FO say "sorry, what did you say?"

Now, remove all comas and any punctuation and he accepts the reply as expected.

Normally, can also access documentation via the Windows menu.

On an English setup, you'd click Windows main button Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience and you'll find links to numerous documents.

On your non-English system, "All apps" might be something else.

On Windows 7 or Vista, "All Apps" is actually "All Programs".

I have removed all coma , also tried with other checklist , just adding "tested one hundred percent" with the same result.
For now I have to uncheck "no item status check to make it work"

Change it to "tested 100 %" and now it works.. I notice that when I now say tested 100 % the red text line inside the sim write testdone one hundred percent, before it show tested one hundred percent.. Strange for me, but at least it works for me now..:cool:

I tried with "tested 100%" before with no working result, I belive it works now because the coma is now removed.

EDIT: Disregard, it dosent work when I reload the checklist

It works when I write "tested" and left out "one hundred percent" . The FO accept when I replay with "tested 100%" 

29 minutes ago, Olmba said:

Change it to "tested 100 %" and now it works.. I notice that when I now say tested 100 % the red text line inside the sim write testdone one hundred percent, before it show tested one hundred percent.. Strange for me, but at least it works for me now..:cool:

I tried with "tested 100%" before with no working result, I belive it works now because the coma is now removed.

EDIT: Disregard, it dosent work when I reload the checklist

It works when I write "tested" and left out "one hundred percent" . The FO accept when I replay with "tested 100%" 

There is some built-in flexibility.

For instance when an item has "checked" as the expected reply, it's fine to reply with "tested", "verified", "checked", "check"

When item is expected to be ON, "armed", "enabled", activated", "on", would do.

Same for "Off".

Also, when parsing the checklist, MCE tries to replace some abbreviations and numbers. When you write "tested 100%" in the checklist, MCE sees it as "tested one hundred percent". Something like "eng 1 gen", in checklist file  would end-up as "engine one generator".

The only apparent bug is that it didn't anticipate users adding comas and other punctuation, on the reply side of the checklist line.

Don't use any and you will be fine.

Also, when editing checklist, you need to restart MCE. Because it needs to generate a new XML file based on the last known state of the custom checklist.

The XML file is found under \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Checklist\ folder. Typically, "custom_checklist_name" appended with "_rdr.xml".

It would have not only your custom replies, but also generic ones.

When the custom checklist isn't following the expected format, it's very likely the XML file would be malformed, and the speech engine wouldn't be able to load it, causing the FO to ignore requests to read it. That is assuming you didn't get an error message in the first place.

It isn't the case here.

Anyone who has an issue with custom checklist, feel free to chime in.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Anyone who has an issue with custom checklist, feel free to chime in.

Thanks! Here I go :happy:

My Before Takeoff Checklist for the Aerosoft Airbuses includes the item

[ ]Flap Setting  -- Set

MCE is happy when I say "one" or "two". But strictly speaking in the Airbus it should not be "one" but "one plus F". MCE does not accept "one plus F" here though.

What can I do (apart from just saying "one" what I am doing now")?

19 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks! Here I go :happy:

My Before Takeoff Checklist for the Aerosoft Airbuses includes the item

[ ]Flap Setting  -- Set

MCE is happy when I say "one" or "two". But strictly speaking in the Airbus it should not be "one" but "one plus F". MCE does not accept "one plus F" here though.

What can I do (apart from just saying "one" what I am doing now")?

If it was always the same setting, something like

[ ]Flap Setting  -- one plus f, might handle it.

Since it's variable, keep it as "Set". It will need to be handled as the odd case. I mean checklist will allow "one plus f" via the generic reply and MCE would see it as detent "one" for Airbus type.

Consider it fixed in next update.