Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Pilot2ATC vs Pro-ATC X

Does anyone have experience with both of these products and can tell me which one would be better overall for use in P3D v4? I'm looking for a good ATC replacement package.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

Does anyone have experience with both of these products and can tell me which one would be better overall for use in P3D v4? I'm looking for a good ATC replacement package.

Have you tried PF3?

Guest JustanotherPilot

Can't help with a comparison but I've been using ProatcX in P3Dv4 for awhile now and find it quite realistic. I have added ATC background chatter for the airports/areas along route for added immersion. It handles all aspects of your flight from startup/taxi departure and approach. Has it's faults but nothing that can't be worked around.

Highly recommend.

43 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Can't help with a comparison but I've been using ProatcX in P3Dv4 for awhile now and find it quite realistic. I have added ATC background chatter for the airports/areas along route for added immersion. It handles all aspects of your flight from startup/taxi departure and approach. Has it's faults but nothing that can't be worked around.

Highly recommend.

Just a question, where have you downloaded the background chatter? Still failing to find a working link to upgrade my ProatcX installation .... thx in advance

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Pilot2ATC has a demo so it's free to try.  Proatc/X doesn't.  I sometimes hear good things about Proatc/X but I've also heard bad things.  Having put aside 2 other ATC apps after a short time, I'm reluctant to pay to see if it's any good.  Live ATC is undoubtedly the best and, generally, free if you can find them online...easier to do in Europe. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Highly recommend.

Agree.  Have not tried Pilot2ATC though.

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Just a question, where have you downloaded the background chatter? Still failing to find a working link to upgrade my ProatcX installation .... thx in advance

Ralph Zimmerman furnishes the background chatter at realatc -  http://realatc.net/.  He furnishes it for Pilot2ATC too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

VOXATC should be working with P3Dv4 now, too. Did not try it yet, but read many good things about it.

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

I`m using PROATC/X and PF3, tried only the Pilot2ATC demo

I`d say it depends a bit what you fly and where.

Pilot2ATC doesn`t use any European phraseology, so it`s more suitable for flying outside Europe. For PROATC/X it`s just the other way round and PF3 is the best compromise regarding that.

I also found PF3 the best option for flying Airliners and small iron, it can handle both. PROATC/X should be used for Airliners only.

One thing worth to mention is the SID/STARS handling. In PF3 you can predefine them, so during your flight you get what you expect. That makes it very predictable, so no surprises you might have to handle. PROATC/X has a SID/ STARS database and chooses them accordingly, which is certainly an advantage. 

In PF3 I more have the feeling I get accompanied by ATC. PROATCX gives more a feeling of getting handled by ATC.

I have no idea what Pilot2ATC does in this regard. 

Mike

• Upvote 2

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

44 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

One thing worth to mention is the SID/STARS handling. In PF3 you can predefine them, so during your flight you get what you expect. That makes it very predictable, so no surprises you might have to handle. PROATC/X has a SID/ STARS database and chooses them accordingly, which is certainly an advantage. 

SIDs and STARs are never random. They are rather predictable in fact. You will always get the SID or STAR attached to each end of your fpl. The chances of receiving a SID or STAR that you are not prepared for is in reality rather remote.

Pro Atc X years ago was a fiasco, nowdays it is defintely very good IMO.

1 hour ago, Mark II said:

Pro Atc X years ago was a fiasco, nowdays it is defintely very good IMO.

As far as I am aware it still reads out alpha charaters instead of phoenetic. And listening to canned ATC chat at Manchester when I am flying in the Far East is a bit off.

I decided for Pilot2ATC about a year ago after years of Radar Contact use. At the time I was looking for one with speech recognition to practice for Pilotedge. The developer is actively improving it to the point I do not know how representative the demo would be. Definitely there is a learning curve, but once set to your satisfaction you only need to update it with Navigraph or Navdatapro as needed. Its flight planning tool is pretty good too. I run it from a remote computer.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

You can set up several different flight plans in the ProATC-X interface.  I personally have received changes to the STAR based on weather conditions.  ProATC-X still does not allow the co-pilot to input the commands from ATC (like altitude, speed, altimeter, etc.) for the heavies like the PMDG 747 and 777 but it does a good job for the 737's. It does a lousy job controlling AI on the ground (in fact non-existent except at departure where it places you in a hold status for arriving aircraft).  Sometimes it sends you to the wrong runway where aircraft are landing and taking off at the other end.  Sometimes.  No ATC program is perfect and never will be but ProATC-X provides some realism and immersion into the world of flight simulation.  I like the fact the co-pilot, as in real world OPS, helps the pilot in command fly the aircraft by handling things like the commo.  It continues to receive major updates annually.  I think the utility will only get better.  So far my $60 investment several years ago has gone very far (I was the first one at AVSIM to purchase this product and test it for the members here; Chock came in a day or two later to help me review and and answer questions about the product).  It has exceeded by expectations.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Radar Contact has the best vectoring I have ever seen during my FS2002/FS2004/P3D tenure. If only they had a chance to add ground operations as it was planned for V5...didn't happen, unfortunately

PRO ATC is good for point-to-point flying if you know the charts well. Their vectoring need some improvement, but other than that it's my N1 choice for ATC software

• Upvote 1

+1 on PRO-ATC I have been using for quite awhile now and just installed in p3dv4 and it works great. I used radar contact in the past so bummed a new version never came out .

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png