Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Help with performance

Hello all 

Got the Sim running at 40FPS but moving the hat button and it is jerky mean not smooth at all ...kind of annoying (-:

Any ideas / thoughts

Cheers

Yair      

Lock your frames to 1/2 of refresh rate (30fps assuming you have a 60hz monitor), this will make a big difference in smoothness.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

.. done, but no improvement, still not smooth, has kind of hesitation   ...(-:

Mines the same, not smooth,  locked at 1/2 refresh or not. This is something new. Panning with the right mouse button is very smooth though, so I'm using it instead of the hat switch. 

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

..hummmm... interesting .. I'll try tonight ..

have you tried enabling "use vsync" checkbox on the graphics page (bottom left corner)?

Manuel Merelles

8 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

have you tried enabling "use vsync" checkbox on the graphics page (bottom left corner)?

I have, didn't make a difference to the hat switch panning,  but does get rid of the terrible screen tearing. 

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

On 7/31/2017 at 9:08 PM, N1125Y said:

Hello all 

Got the Sim running at 40FPS but moving the hat button and it is jerky mean not smooth at all ...kind of annoying (-:

Any ideas / thoughts

Cheers

Yair      

Are you using ortho4xp ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Your problem is familiar to me.

If you're using nvidia inspector, you can lock the frames to 30.5 fps.

This is the only tweak I found to give you smooth fps...... provided your settings in the graphics section allow for at least 30 fps to be achieved!

I found that adaptive vsync and 1/2 refresh rate do not seem to make any difference. Locking frames to 30.5 externally is the only fx I've found.

Hope this helps

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

yeah, the mouse does the trick, however, I think there is something more fundamental here, still the Sim is not smooth taxing for example is with hesitations  ... not enough experience with XP but I don't think it suppose to be like this 

i could be wrong, but i think the hat switch is changing your view based on a cetrain degree increment like 2-3 degrees. If you do that in quick succession you will get the "stutter" effect you notice.  I think someone has to ask Ben though for more detail.