Sign in to follow this  
ymu

Update issue RAASPRO

Hi,

I have installed the update for B777 and B737 for P3Dv4. I had a CTD with ntdll.dll. I have desinstalled the B77 and B737... I had always a ntdll.dll crash.

I desacitved all my modules, sceneries and programs's p3d4. I reinstalled step by step ... I found the problem. It's the RAAS pro module in exe.xml . I have deleted the lines about RAASPro and P3Dv4 runs again normally.

sorry for my english ;O)

Best Regards

Yvan Muster

Bons vols

Yvan

On my setup RAAS pro module was never in exe.xml

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

An ntdll.dll crash isn't caused by a PMDG product, something's causing the core OS to crash. I had the same problem but was rectified by dialing back my overclock. Ethernet drivers have also been know to cause this. I'd suggest first dialing back any overclock that you might have, if that fails then updating motherboard drivers (not the BIOS) from the manufacturer's website would be my next go-to. If that still fails then I would start searching around google for possible solutions, with a reinstall of Windows as a last resort.

Edit: Having read the post again, I still stand by the fact that an ntdll.dll isn't a PMDG issue, rather an OS issue, but I am perplexed that removing RAAS would fix it as I don't recall seeing any threads about the issue, implying that it is more or less specific to your machine. Maybe Kyle or Chris could do more to help find the root cause of the issue.