Sign in to follow this  
Duamutef_MC

Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick Compatibility

On 18 August 2017 at 8:28 AM, BROGY said:

Yes indeed. I have installed FSW on monday and I suppose the latest update has been installed.

After removing the line "Joystick=0" FSW works as it is supposed to be.

Downloaded FSW today only to find that my FF2 joystick is recognised and has the basic functions (including stick centring) but no force feedback. I also have no "Joystick=0" entry in my FSW.cfg.

When you say it works for you as it's supposed to, do you mean you get all of the normal force feedback effects?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, AOB said:

You could try this

http://fs-force.com/download.htm

good  point apart from being fantastic fully configurable software it also runs outside of the sim platform

The DEV is very active

ZORAN

6 hours ago, AOB said:

You could try this

http://fs-force.com/download.htm

It's a great piece of software which I already use with FSX. However, it Only works with FSX and P3D.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

It's a great piece of software which I already use with FSX. However, it Only works with FSX and P3D.

Im surprised to hear that. Have you contacted the DEV?

ZORAN

4 hours ago, zmak said:

Im surprised to hear that. Have you contacted the DEV?

No, but that's what it says on the website and the dev specifically mentions it in his support forum: http://www.fs-force.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=603.

3 minutes ago, zmak said:

thats an old thread

Try this - the online manual (read the first paragraph): http://www.fs-force.com/help2/index.htm. No mention of FSW.

My mistake sorry, got the sim mixed up with P3D v4

you are indeed correct, no support

ZORAN

Wouldn't it be simpler for Dovetail to just rollback the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 block instead of forcing us to buy 3rd part software?

18 hours ago, Duamutef_MC said:

instead of forcing us to buy 3rd part software?

As far as I'm aware, there is no third party software that will make it work in FSW.

Chased the devs on this when I got back from holiday, hoping to get FFB back in for a future update. 

Will update more in a set of patch notes in the near future! 

• Upvote 2

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

8 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

Chased the devs on this when I got back from holiday, hoping to get FFB back in for a future update. 

Will update more in a set of patch notes in the near future! 

Thanks Cryss, this is good news! The lack of force feedback is one of the main things holding me back from using FSW more regularly.

On 19-8-2017 at 8:20 PM, vortex681 said:

Downloaded FSW today only to find that my FF2 joystick is recognised and has the basic functions (including stick centring) but no force feedback. I also have no "Joystick=0" entry in my FSW.cfg.

When you say it works for you as it's supposed to, do you mean you get all of the normal force feedback effects?

I don't know why the joystick line was added in de FSW.cfg. It just did.

After removing this line the joystick works great.