Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

PA28RT

When I fly my Carenado PA28RT 201 on P3Dv3 I have the following problem with approach. Can anybody help please.

When on approach with gear down and flaps applied, the nose down position of aircraft is too high to see the runway.

It seems that when the flaps are applied the nose does not take a lower position like it should.

Is it possible to tweak the aircraft.cfg so that when flying straight and level with flaps, the nose down position is such that the

approaching runway is visible.

I have tried moving the seat position up but all that does is expose more of the cowling but does not allow the runway to be sighted.

I do not want to dive the approach in order to see the runway, I should be able to see it with a stead 500 fpm descent.

Any ideas folk please.

John

21 minutes ago, fautleyj said:

When I fly my Carenado PA28RT 201 on P3Dv3 I have the following problem with approach. Can anybody help please.

When on approach with gear down and flaps applied, the nose down position of aircraft is too high to see the runway.

It seems that when the flaps are applied the nose does not take a lower position like it should.

Is it possible to tweak the aircraft.cfg so that when flying straight and level with flaps, the nose down position is such that the

I have tried moving the seat position up but all that does is expose more of the cowling but does not allow the runway to be sighted.

I do not want to dive the approach in order to see the runway, I should be able to see it with a stead 500 fpm descent.

Any ideas folk please.

John

I'd report it to JustSim over at their forum.  What's your final approach speed?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

10 hours ago, fautleyj said:

Any ideas folk please.

John

In the .air file there is a record that adjusts nose position with flaps. It's in record 1101 - Primary Aerodynamics in the lift section.  Using AirEd open the airfile and find the entry that looks like this...

*CL_df Lift-Flaps - +tail up=x.xxxxxxx

Make the number "x.xxxxxxxxx" larger to lower the nose when flaps are extended.  I don't have that particular airplane so I don't know what the stock number is, but making it larger will lower the nose.  Just keep trying values until you get something you're happy with

http://simviation.com//simviation/download.php?ID=5895

Thank you to everybody for their input on this topic. I have got it all sorted ok now. Many thanks. Much appreciated.

John