Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Blurry ground textures

Hi everyone,

I've noticed in V4 my ORBX ground textures are taking what seems like a long time to focus, They appear blurry and its a good few minutes before they sort themselves out and appear clear. I've tried many different settings to try and fix this. Does anyone know of a way to help this issue?

I have a i7 @ 4.8ghz and 8gb GTX 1070 so i don't think it would be a hardware loading issue. 

Thank you. 

I noticed that in one of froogle's videos the other day. Occasional blurries was about the only reason I had to move from FSX to P3D.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

I've heard about that - How do i do that? Someone said the ShadersHLSL folder but i did a test and moved them out and tried to restart P3D and it gave me errors about not finding shaders etc. Was that not the right way to delete shaders?

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ►  Shaders

Delete the shaders folder, launch P3D and it will be rebuilt.

Do not delete from HLSL because the sim won't load, as you found.

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

DO NOT DELETE ShadersHLSL!!!!

I also get blurry ground textures anytime there's photo textures also. Please let me know if deleting your shaders fixed the problem.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This is the one thing that frustrates me more than anything. I run a 6700@4.5Ghz with a GTX1070 and also get quite bad texture blurries. The odd thing is, it doesn't matter what my settings are in P3d or whether I rebuild the cfg or delete the shaders, they are always there. Sometimes moreso than others. This is the first time I am considering XP over P3D V4. I thought this would have been sorted out by LM with a 60 bit sim.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 8/1/2017 at 9:45 PM, captain420 said:

I also get blurry ground textures anytime there's photo textures also. Please let me know if deleting your shaders fixed the problem.

Hi there

Well, i think deleting the shaders has done something. I have not have blurry ground textures anymore yet. Fingers crossed that has fixed it. 

Thank you for the help! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2017 at 4:38 PM, sidfadc said:

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ►  Shaders

Delete the shaders folder, launch P3D and it will be rebuilt.

Do not delete from HLSL because the sim won't load, as you found.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Yes i did learn that removing the files from that folder is a no no... 

Glad you fixed your blurry textures problem! I have yet to delete my shaders, I will give that a shot to see if that fixes it for me as well! Thanks! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

Glad you fixed your blurry textures problem! I have yet to delete my shaders, I will give that a shot to see if that fixes it for me as well! Thanks! :)

Hopefully it fixes it for you too. I think i also changed my LOD radius too. Might be worth a try if the shaders doesn't work? :) 

• Upvote 1

What LOD radius are you using?

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What LOD radius are you using?

I'm on 6.5 now. For some reason it was changed down to 3.5, I have no idea what caused that. 

Since raising that up and deleting the shaders things are looking much better. I still seem to have slow loading autogen but i think P3D are aware there is an issue with that. 

21 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

This is the first time I am considering XP over P3D V4. I thought this would have been sorted out by LM with a 60 bit sim.

I wonder why the switch to 64bit should have changed anything on the blurry question? BTW: I do not see any blurries in 90% of my flights. Only Switzerland Professional X (kind of a photo scenery) seems to be prone for blurries when flying low and fast with my current settings. Did you add the "TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9" line to your config? Maybe you should try this once.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS