Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Smugglers of the Caribbean. Neat idea

Guest JIMJAM

Came across the title at Simmarket.Early 2 reviews are not promising but I like the adventure/roleplaying idea. From Pimp Aviation,gotta love it. They have a nice website that sets the tone and overall I like the whole smuggler lifestyle enviroment theme. I really do not care for the boat/atv but have not tried a ground or surface vehicle in Fs9 before.I have always thought about a Fscargo/adventure theme. This is along the lines that I was thinking but I think I will wait and see what others who buy it say.

Well, the second review seems pointless. Many sceneries require you to disable crash detection and ground scenery shadows. The first review unfortunately doesn't tell us what the bugs are. I too am curious about this package. The price seems reasonable. But I would like to know what the glitches are. Does anyone have it?

There is another more detailed (and more positive) review up in the review section now (the first two reviews were by the same person -- strange that simmarket allows that). Though note the point about VC refresh rate. This has also been pointed out in a discussion on the www.flightxpress.de forums (in German). Seems to be a result of an excessive (21!) number of sections in the panel.cfg. There is also a pictorial review (also in German) with lots of screenshots on this site: http://www.janicki-jj.de/forum/viewtopic.p...75aed21fd564cd6

Guest JIMJAM

I would like to know more about the goal/mission structure.Does the program know and reward you when you make a delivery?Money,points?Can and how do you get caught or fail?The scenery and all look good,could care less about the plane, but I want to know more about the actual gameplay and how its setup and works.

Grand Theft Auto: The Flightsimulator Version.Edit: Looked at the website, and it looks pretty neat. Clearly, still a bit unpolished, but certainly an interesting idea. I'm sure there is a huge market for the merge of flight simulation and other gaming genres, like role playing games, driving games, etc. Would be a nice change of pace for the usual (and often tedious) flying from point A to point B. Downloadable addon content, online multiplayer, all sorts of competitions: smugglers against DEA agents, for example; could be fun. ricardo

Guest B52Drivr

Ahhh, I can see it now, flying to the sounds of 'Smugglers Blues', 100 ft. off the deck, evading radar . . . That's how it was done in the 'old days' by the likes of Barry Seal or Eugene K, however, today, with all the government help out there with look down radar, F-15's doing Drug interdiction runs and all that, smuggling of drugs and such is a much more difficult task, (just look at the expense of the tunnel in Mexico) . . . the big guys have switched from aircraft to a slew of different ways of delivery in trying to stay one step ahead of the law. Best,Clay http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)

Guest JIMJAM

I was born and raised in Key West and remember the late night sounds of planes screaming over the water with no lights.Planes with waterbeds full of fuel, po mans extra tank. Reefs littered with speed boats trying to navigate the shallows at night.Also remember the "Save the bales" program. You could earn a small reward walking the beach each morning and find plastic covered and taped bales with mysterious markings on them.Im currently having a total blast with Islands of the West Indies available at Flight1. An additional bonus is that I can run EVERYTHING,and I mean Everything full,maxed out. Every setting I can turn up including ASV's settings and stay stuck at my set 30fps.

Guest Water Mango

"I was born and raised in Key West and remember the late night sounds of planes screaming over the water with no lights.Planes with waterbeds full of fuel, po mans extra tank. Reefs littered with speed boats trying to navigate the shallows at night."Sounds like you were right smack in the middle of a Columbian Drug Smuggling operation. Put that together with Cuban refugees and you get a very interesting mix of illegal activity. Sorry but that doesn't sound too exciting to me... :-roll Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time, not thanks...This add-on sounds interesting but in today's volatile climate you can keep that kind of late night excitement...

Regardless of whether you like the theme or not, this kind of addon is refreshing as something more than flying from point a to point B! I really hope it does well and paves the way for more interactive addons such as this.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW