Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Which Flightcrew do you think has the best Uniforms?

So I was having an online conversation that drifted to this topic, and after getting a few names thrown around, it occurred to me that tastes differ quite a lot on this subject. Seemed like an interesting idea to see what you guys thought, and I will start with my top pick, Hainan Airlines with Eithad as a close second.

P0k7I1.jpg

kHyQfd.jpg

1ESPEF.jpg

Eithad!

VpUPGY.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Britney Spears... LOL! Sorry. After looking at leggy stewardesses, I must be serious...

Ahem. A trench coat/ greatcoat (Hainan) does lend an air of smartness and respectability, both for cabin crew and pilots alike. Maybe I should start wearing one LOL (no I'm not flight crew, just in a humdrum 9 to 5 Monday to Friday job). Waistcoats (Etihad, Virgin?) also look good, however the issue of practicality of them getting too hot when bustling about up and down the cabin may be an issue.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Anyone  Listened/watched this Ozzie comedian Jeff Jefferies (he is very funny)?

I am paraphrasing one of his jokes.

"Guys, remember the stewardess/Flight attendants   of the 50s, you know those stockings wearing pill box hat wearing ones? Guess what? They still haven't retired.  They are still walking the aisle with their walkers/strollers  .with drinks on them"

:)

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Those are crew uniforms?! Wow!

Now if they would only show what a real crew looks like in those....

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

3 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Now if they would only show what a real crew looks like in those....

Well, I was staying at a hotel in NY a few weeks ago that apparently has a contract with the local airlines, because a lot of crew stay there. (hotel is near the airport)

I can say that a few of the stews look EXACTLY like this. :ha:

And the captains all look super cereal. 

(Maybe they hunt Manbearpig in their spare time) :laugh:

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Azul Airline in Brasil has pretty nice looking outfits as does Virgin. Some airlines, not so much, like Spirit for example.

A good place that some in the industry follow is Cabin Crew Life. Has shots from varios airlines and also some cockpit shots. Link below.

http://instagram.com/cabincrewlifee

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! That instagram page tho! Definitely some good uhh.. outfits... I think I'll take the brown cutie in the 787.  Lotta nice legs in there...!

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1970s Southwest by far, can't beat the short skirts and high boots at a time when smoking cigarettes and being served scotch in flight was the norm, Those boots were made for walking...

cf894ca8bc844d016c1557c14d86f12b--airlin

Retro+Uniforms+of+Flight+Attendants+(8).

• Upvote 3

Matthew Kane

39 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

1970s Southwest by far, can't beat the short skirts and high boots at a time when smoking cigarettes and being served scotch in flight was the norm, Those boots were made for walking...

Hmmmmmm..... It's probably one of the most comfortable looking uniforms, but it also has a sort of batgirl kitsch that wouldn't go over well nowadays......

Those belts are pure Austin Powers. :laugh:

And were there male flight attendants back then? It seems even now the airlines focus very strongly on extremely leggy women, with the men as kind of an afterthought. Now, I have nothing against leggy women, but perhaps we haven't come as far as we thought we have! :emu_melk:

As a guy, I would not have any problem at all with wearing the Hainan or Eithad male ensemble and walking proudly with my coworkers.

• Upvote 2

Devons rig

24 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

And were there male flight attendants back then? It seems even now the airlines focus very strongly on extremely leggy women, with the men as kind of an afterthought. Now, I have nothing against leggy women, but perhaps we haven't come as far as we thought we have! :emu_melk:

The hiring practices back then would be a total lawsuit today. No men and the women were selected by their looks with very little training. A friend of mine was hired by United Airlines in the 1970s, She is Cherokee with amazing long hair, the new girls were selected by their looks, she was brought to a salon and her long hair cut into a short bob, had to look a certain way and certain mannerisms etc. Turns out she loved her haircut but that was what they did back then, can't do that to people anymore.

Some of the Asian and Middle East airlines still do that sort of stuff as they don't have the same employment laws. Emirates completely lacks any employment laws:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/94501216/australian-trainee-flight-attendant-fired-by-emirates-after-falling-down-stairs 

• Upvote 2

Matthew Kane

12 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

The hiring practices back then would be a total lawsuit today. No men and the women were selected by their looks with very little training. A friend of mine was hired by United Airlines in the 1970s, She is Cherokee with amazing long hair, the new girls were selected by their looks, she was brought to a salon and her long hair cut into a short bob, had to look a certain way and certain mannerisms etc. Turns out she loved her haircut but that was what they did back then, can't do that to people anymore.

Some of the Asian and Middle East airlines still do that sort of stuff as they don't have the same employment laws. Emirates completely lacks any employment laws:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/94501216/australian-trainee-flight-attendant-fired-by-emirates-after-falling-down-stairs 

Ouch.

Though I can't say I believe she would have gotten much better here in the States. I might hope she would, but I wouldn't hold my breath.......

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

26 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Ouch.

Though I can't say I believe she would have gotten much better here in the States. I might hope she would, but I wouldn't hold my breath.......

Yes I am not sure how it would work in the USA. She is Aussie and they have good employment standards. She would be better off with QANTAS or Virgin Australia 

Matthew Kane

Air France: Not quite as chic as I was expecting. 

gajtox.jpg

• Upvote 1

Devons rig