Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

ATC drops my IFR flight P3DV4

Every time I try to fly a default flight plan using P3DV4 ATC and flight planner, if I pause the sim or check the map to check my position, ATC will stop my IFR flight and I have create a new flight plan. I also noticed that I am not the only who gets dropped. I can the ATC message asking another flight if they copy several times and then they also get dropped and only have flight following or they would have to open a the flight plan again. I fly for a VA and can't really have this happen all the time.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I recommend you look into and consider either Radar Contact 4, PF3 or Pro-ATC/X.  They are all great for tubeliners and work with P3Dv4, as well.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

34 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

I recommend you look into and consider either Radar Contact 4, PF3 or Pro-ATC/X.  They are all great for tubeliners and work with P3Dv4, as well.

I checked them out Glenn and watched some YouTube videos etc. I don't mind the default ATC, I've used it for years with FSX. I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as I am.

I appreciate your reply. Which one do you prefer by the way? I can't understand the one that has the English accent. :)

Edited by Vineguy

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I too end up back with the default ATC after using RC4 and Pro-ATC/X.  I do wish that LM would fix a few things in it though. But, I like the way that it interacts with AI and that it is built into the platform without yet another addon to use.  But, I'm not having the trouble with IFR plans being cancelled in v4 that you are experiencing.  

I was having that with some of my MT6 traffic because the [Radios] section was missing in many aircraft.  So, ATC would contact them and they would not respond - IFR was cancelled.  But, that was an easy fix.  

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Thanks Rick. I also am using MT6 and that's probably why ATC keeps dropping them. I don't know why if I pause for a minute or so that my IFR FP is canceled. Or if I switch to take a peek at the map to check my location, ATC does the same thing.

How do you fix the problem with the radios with MT6?

Thanks for your reply.

Bob G.

See the following link (about 11 posts down on the first page) -

2 hours ago, Vineguy said:

Every time I try to fly a default flight plan using P3DV4 ATC and flight planner, if I pause the sim or check the map to check my position, ATC will stop my IFR flight and I have create a new flight plan.

That is certainly strange as clicking on the "P" key pauses the sim and, when you click on it again it should unpause the sim and you are back into the scenario.  The flight stops when you hit the P key.  Same goes when you open the Map via the Menu.  The sim stops.  I will have to try this myself and see if my IFR flights stop too (oh goodie!  Get to do another test!! :biggrin:).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This has happened to me a couple times.  Just drops contact as if I wasn't responding, but the last time was just a few seconds after I confirmed an instruction.  This also happened off and on in FSX.  I think it's happened twice to me in P3Dv4, but didn't think too much of it.  Haven't tried the 3rd party ATC programs yet, but I'm sure I'll get to that eventually

Thanks for the reply Brian. At least it confirms it's just not me. What's strange is that if I use the map view and then close it, the sim rebuilds the whole situation again with the loading progress bar showing as it loads.

I use FlightPln GO for a moving map/progress tracker on my Windows tablet, so I don't use the P3D map at all.  Don't know if this helps or just confuses you more, but figured I'd throw that in there

It was never that big of a deal to me so I never really looked into it

I use Plan G and export its plans to the P3D4 plan folder. IFR ATC used to work fine, but now it keeps dropping me.  Seems like I get as far as IFR clearance, and then never hear from ATC again.  I hear ATC giving commands to the AI (UTLive) but I'm ignored.  I must have bad breath or something.  If it keeps up with no known fix, I'll go to third party ATC, but with EditVoicepak for me the default ATC is fine.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

16 minutes ago, Vineguy said:

Thanks for the reply Brian. At least it confirms it's just not me. What's strange is that if I use the map view and then close it, the sim rebuilds the whole situation again with the loading progress bar showing as it loads.

In map view, make sure to just cancel instead of saying OK.  That might be what is causing your IFR plan to be cancelled.    I also use Flight Sim Commander for planning and the map so I don't have to use the P3D map since it is somewhat unrealistic when it pauses the flight.

Rick Abshier

I'll try that, but I think that's what I usually do.

If you say OK, it rebuilds and takes a while.  If you cancel, it goes right back to where you where immediately.  So, if you are seeing the progress bar, you are probably hitting OK.

Rick Abshier

Gotcha. Now for the pause part.:blush:

I have no idea about the pause thing.  Mine doesn't do that.  My 7-month old granddaughter keeps doing cute baby things and I pause to go see her and it's OK when I come back.

Rick Abshier