Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

Feelthere Forums

Dave,Although I still have not purchased the software package, I disagree with your final assessment. When I was able to read their forums, I saw a team of software developers that were working to resolve know or reported issues from their user community.I am very interested in purchasing the package because of the teams hard work and timely answers that they provided during the growth period of their model. The primary factor that is holding me back from the purchase is based on my own learning curve in other high end software packages that I have purchased. I most often times have questions that are covered in the user manual, but I have overlooked or I didn't understand fully when I read the manual. Dave, I do agree with your statement about being attacked by other users of the forum. I never saw it as the development doing the attacking. It also appeared to me that, in many cases, the attackers had never purchased the aircraft.Looking at the comments in the forums, many of the early frame rate issues are now fixed and that the end users are getting frame rates similair to other high end aircraft. ####, just down load their most recent patch and let me know what you think of their updates. I would be very interested in seeing your response. Tom

Guest jeffg

I have all 3 aircraft and have had no problems with support,but now I think its my system which can't reach the forums.I can get on the forums at work,so if I have a problem I will post it from there. JeffG

Guest davidvoogd

I'm just explaining my experience. Reading the forums just now I see nothing to indicate it has been fixed, but several threads saying it still does including some posted 2 days ago. It also seems any threads on the subject are locked very quickly.I realize many people are very critical of almost any payware dev for stupid little issues, but this issue makes the addon completely unusable, and after a couple of months it's still not addressed, and there is no refund being offered to those unable to use the software they purchased.

As a company, producing airplane addons, Feel There is simply not able to deliver to the same standard of quality as are PMDG, Flight 1, and Level D for example. No amount of posting in the forum is going to change that fundamental fact. All you need to do is fire up the ERJ 145 or the recently released PIC 300, then immediately compare it to, say, Flight 1's ATR - the difference at all levels is of such a magnitude, it's not even a fair comparison. ricardo

I've heard the the Flight1 ATR is really, really nice, but as a big fan of the ERJ-145, the FeelThere model is the best I've found. I can't speak from massive experience, as I've only been using it a few days now, but so far I've run into no problems and only minimal frame rate drops. In comparison, I have had an opportunity to fly the PMDG on a friend's rig, and there is a lot more depth there, and overall, is probably a better product, but for what I like to do, the FeelThere model is pretty good.