Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What do these errors mean when activating?

I get this error first: ERROR: Unable to activate communications. Then I get this error:  You do not have  a valid license installed for this product. It's a valid license, I'm just wondering what the two things mean together. 

Patrick Boynton

My first guess would be something is blocking either FlexNet or its communications with the internet.

Boynton is very prestigious name in aviation history... any relation to Gregory aka Pappy?

Dan Downs KCRP

I am, don't remember how though. My grandfather and father used to talk about him once in awhile. What might be blocking the activation? 

Patrick Boynton

1 hour ago, Dragonmount said:

I am, don't remember how though. My grandfather and father used to talk about him once in awhile. What might be blocking the activation? 

Patrick Boynton

Antivirus or firewall would be my first guess.

2 hours ago, Dragonmount said:

Patrick Boynton

Can you access the PMDG website?

6 hours ago, downscc said:

Boynton

I'm probably wrong, but wasn't it spelled "Boyington"?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

As a side note, my last name in 1066 was Boffington, thank William of Normandy for the name change. So, maybe it's a variant? Anyway, yes, I have complete internet access on the PC, except for activation. It is a fresh install of windows, so perhaps there's something that's inadvertently blocking things it shouldn't. I have turned off windows defender, but that wasn't it, and that was all I could think to do at the time.  I am also a music composer, and whatever it is is interfering with my copy of Sibelius from being activated.  I haven't noticed anything else that it's interfering with both, as I think both need some sort of internet connection in order to activate. Is there a way I can activate my 777 without a connection?

Patrick Boynton

2 hours ago, Dragonmount said:

As a side note, my last name in 1066 was Boffington, thank William of Normandy for the name change. So, maybe it's a variant? Anyway, yes, I have complete internet access on the PC, except for activation. It is a fresh install of windows, so perhaps there's something that's inadvertently blocking things it shouldn't. I have turned off windows defender, but that wasn't it, and that was all I could think to do at the time.  I am also a music composer, and whatever it is is interfering with my copy of Sibelius from being activated.  I haven't noticed anything else that it's interfering with both, as I think both need some sort of internet connection in order to activate. Is there a way I can activate my 777 without a connection?

Patrick Boynton

Definitely something blocking the programs getting to the internet. What else is installed apart from those two programs? No way to register offline as far as I'm aware.

11 hours ago, Dragonmount said:

Is there a way I can activate my 777 without a connection?

You are at the point where the best thing to do is to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support, you will have to create an account if you have not done so because support accounts are separate from sales accounts. http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dave, I had to wiki Pappy and you are right.  Interesting background I didn't know was that he was raised and took the name of his stepfather and was married when he wanted to enter Marine Air Cadet Training, which didn't accept married men. He discovered his birth father was a Boyington and adopted that name hence forward. Haha... that story is true to his legend.

Dan Downs KCRP