Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

FSW custom weather

FSW170801_001.jpg

FSW170801_002.jpg

FSW170801_003.jpg

• Upvote 9

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Yep I think that is some of the best looking overcast I've seen from below 

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice. Looks like FSW is starting to come together.

• Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Impressive! The best clouds I ever seen in any sim.

• Upvote 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Impressive! The best clouds I ever seen in any sim.

I totally agree. It's the biggest leap forward in cloud representation that I've seen in any flight sim to date, by a LOOOOT.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yep I think that is some of the best looking overcast I've seen from below 

I thought the same thing. It really is incredible. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Is that default FSW? Looks great!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sascha said:

Is that default FSW? Looks great!

Its almost default.  I discovered that the sky textures still influence/control the ground and airplane lighting so I changed the morning, noon, and afternoon textures to be all the afternoon texture with direct lighting set to RGB178 178 177 (60 0 70 with my editing software).  and then I made adjustments in NVidia CP so it looked good to me.

If anyone has a problem with ground brightness, it can be compensated for fairly easily.  Everything else is default in the pics.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

For me, clouds have always been the reason not to go for FSX so I might have to skip P3D as well ;)))

I have to say, as far as an immersive feel....the rain against the windshield, and those new clouds....is most impressive. I'm going to certainly now keep an eye on this....

I am not blind-sided, loyalty-bound to any sim platform. When a developer makes pretty impressive developments, I most certainly will acknowledge it...and will follow/move  on it.

I always have room (just picked up 500 GB's, lol) to enjoy something that should be enjoyed. This is the best real-world 'mood' of rainy/gloomy/threatening I have seen.   If you could have this, combined with XP11's night renderings...it would be a grand-slam winner combo!

Wow.

Sitting in the bush....and smiling looking at this set of screenshots....... :)))

Ses

• Upvote 2