Sign in to follow this  
Christian1

P2A worth to buy ? Minor Sound Matters

my answer is yes, definitely !

I tried 124thATC(0€) and xLife de Luxe(19€). Both have their justification and are not bad, but P2A offers a lot more which is why the 69€ is good invested money.

I only have some issues with the sounds. I admit, some of them may have not to do with P2A but with MS Speech Engine....

a) When I press the Sayit button I hear a long lasting melody which nerves me. Under Config I don't find a possibility to turn this off

b) The chatter mp3 files are played in loop until the change to another controller. If you have allocated a chatter file to this controller, then this one is played in loop until the cows come home. Wouldn't it be better if you hear the chatter file only if you are connected to any controller ? Or is that unrealistic, because the cockpit hears everything which is spoken in their operating distance whether it is connected to a controller or not

c) The biggest problem for me is, that the controller voice is very clear, it sounds like coming just like beside from me and not from miles away. I wonder if its possible to let pass the controller voice through an Equalizer plugin which could turn down the signal to a telephone voice level

Apart from that as stated above, I will purchase soon

RG

Christian/Germany

Christian,

Glad you're enjoying P2A.

Here are the answers to your problems.

a) On the Btns tab of config, uncheck the Play Tone option in the Speech Recognized Tone box.  Or change the sound file that plays.

b) Using the Controllers option to set up the Chatter, multiple files can be placed in each controller folder and they play one after the other until you change frequencies.  See User's Guide for details.

c) Each voice has its own volume control on the Voices tab of Config.  Also, you can downgrade the sound according to the Pinned Post on this forum:

Regards,

Dave

Dave, thanx

a) resolved

b) Cant get it. Test: I have put 3 files in the Chatter folder. Then I tried to assign the folder to the Clr controller. this is not possible. You can only assign a file, not a folder. If you do so it only plays this file in a loop while the other 2 are not considered. How to let replay all 3 in succession ?

c) I leave that, too complicated

new pbs

d) Suddenly I hear a never ending twa, twa, twa when the ATIS frequency is set. If I select another frequiency the twa twa disappears

e) Weather not available. I have xEnviro. But this machine is not mentioned under Config/WX. How to connect xEnviro with P2A ?

f) If you change something under Config, is that only active after P2A is rebooted ? E.g. you change pause time at chatter

27 minutes ago, Christian1 said:

b) Cant get it. Test: I have put 3 files in the Chatter folder. Then I tried to assign the folder to the Clr controller. this is not possible. You can only assign a file, not a folder. If you do so it only plays this file in a loop while the other 2 are not considered. How to let replay all 3 in succession ?

b) You do not list the file names.  You have to set up a folder structure and move the files into the folders.  This is explained in the User's Guide.

d) Try swapping to a different frequency and then back.  Check if it does it at all airports or just the one.

e) Set weather to NOAA Real Time weather.  It should be close or about the same as xEnfiro

f) Most settings are effective immediately when changed in Config.  There may be a few that require a restart, but not many.

b) Have done folder Structure as described in the manual. Cant get it, as said, a folder cannot be assigned to a controller, only one single file. Sorry, probably I am not the smartest one... But I am not totally helpless, have found a trick to play different files in succession::

-I downloaded a very long chatter file containing of 26 messages

-Exported it into my Cubase Sequencer

-I put a cut after any ATC message and placed the single parts on the timeline in different distances, so that there are different pause times between them

-Now I pasted all the different parts together again(pause times in this process are also rendered as set)

-Result is that I have only 1 file with 26 ATC messages and with different pause times between them(see image below/Cubase)

-I exported this file into P2A and it works great

d) I could kill the twa twa twa speaker, I think this was as I hadn't assigned a voice to ATIS

e) NOAA set. It works ! However now I have 2 ATIS voices speaking at the same time, one coming from P2A and one from xp11. Must find a possibility to deactivate ATIS in xp11 which is of course not your problem

Thanks again, Dave, will buy this weekend.

Cheers Christian/Germany

p.S.: Sorry, don't know how to attach an image

Christian,

You can deactivate the Controller in X-Plane on the Sounds Settings page.

When setting up Chatter for multiple files, you do not enter anything into the Controller Sound file names in Config.  This is only used with the Single File Sound Source option.

You simply \

1)set up the folder structure with a folder for each controller

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/App

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Clr

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Ctr

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Dep

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Dep_Gnd

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Dep_Twr

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Dest_Gnd

.../<Pilot2ATCInstallFolder>/Sounds/Chatter/Controllers/Dest_Twr

2) Put the desired files to be played in each of the respective folders

3) Check the Controllers option for the Sound Source

4) Check the Play Chatter option box and

5) Check the Pause Between File Playback opion and adjust your Pause time

Of course, creating a custom file like you did and using the Single File option is a good solution too.  Gives you even more control over how it sounds.

Thanks,
Dave