Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yak Yak

IR4 Review.

You have to get used to it. The first time I used my TrackIR, I almost instantly got motion-sick and ended up nauseous and with a headache. Much to my surprise, because I am someone who can ride the most extreme rollercoaster and chew on a pretzel at the same time. After some tweaking and a "getting used to it phase", I am now fine with it.Cheers.

Like many here I too felt a little "whoozy" after using it. Infact, The first time I used FS (FS2002), I was getting even a motion sickness from that. Sorta felt like I had been on a rocking boat all day.What I did with TrackIR was to start in small time increments... say 15min and then slowly worked my way up each flight session until it just feels natural to use it now. Also, you can place "null zones" in the tracker so you can, for example, not have it moving while you are front and center. It takes a extra movement of the head to move it out of the null zone. That too helped me at fist.Funny, I never used VC before TrackIR. Now I can't live without it! ;)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

You could start using only x-y axis to start with and then add the other axis after a while. I personally feel it

I've owned TrackIR3 with 6DOF for almost a year now and love it; however it did take a bit of getting used to. I think once you do get used to it (probably took me a few hours) you won't go back. Craig

Guest Yak Yak

i also highly recommend the IR4. One of the most fustrating thing i found w/ fs9 was the view. When doing landing in the RL, i can turn my head and keep an eye on the runway...while glancing quickly back and forth to the instruments. This was almost impossible to do in fs9...even with pan-settings at high. I also like to lean forward in RL landings, to get an better view of the rwy....again, this was hard to do in fs9 without resorting to pushing key-combos...IR4 totally solved this problem! It's almost like flying the real thing...-fz