Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Anyone Purchased 7.4 Yet ?

Just wondering how v7.4 compares to previous versions and are there any major bugs.

The info on the main site is a bit vague as to what's been added over v6 apart from being compatible with P3D v3 and 4 and now Terrain aware.

If it looks ok I might take the plunge.

Glen

Since I've only used it today for a few flights, it can't say much about bugs, because I haven't encountered any with the main program yet. But some of the utilities don't work quite right for me. The Joystick utility is still a WIP. The Settings utility section that changes the font colors CTDs for me, so the only way to edit the displayed font colors is to edit the configuration file with a text editor. As has already been mentioned, V7 is not yet aware of the P3d V4 add-on.xml method. All user aircraft and airports added by this technique will not be detected. The aircraft panel.cfg can edited with a text editor (ugh) and the Indexer utility can be pointed at an "artificial legacy" version of scenery.cfg temporarily. This artificial version can be generated with Lorby's AddOnOrganizer. I advise against doing these two manual changes, unless one is a hard core VOXATC diehard. Lastly, since the format of the flight database was changed from UT 2 to UT Live, the UT Bridge utility that VOXATC 6 utilized does not work with UT Live and the developer has been quoted as saying a new version of UT Bridge is months away. But  UT Live is still in beta and its developers are still working out the kinks.

Just got it and I keep getting FATAL ERROR DISABLE VOXATC, have to enable and disable a few times to make it work. could be an add on? who knows

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Did you get the error using the sample flight plans included with VOXATC?, If so, then one way to troubleshoot this is to do the following:

1. Start with the sim's default scenario. Use a default sim aircraft,, preferably with GPS navigation.

2. Temporarily disable all 3rd party AI add-ons, like My Traffic 6, etc.. before you run the  VOXATC indexer and run the sim again. This eliminates any AI aircraft traffic from the mix.

3. Run the sim and create an IFR flight plan with only 2 default airports as the endpoints and no other waypoints. Say yes to the question about moving the aircraft to the departure airport in the flight plan.  The departure airport should start at a gate, rather than a runway.

4. Enable VOXATC and see if you still get the FATAL ERROR.

In my opinion, VOXATC is one of the most complex flight sim add-ons, primarily because it replaces both the default AI aircraft and the default ATC. Either a slightly malformed 3rd party airport or AI aircraft model/schedule can gum up the works almost immediately. Halving multiple versions of a 3rd party airport can also cause VOXATC to fail. 

Or you can take the approach that people do with VATSIM. If there's no controller on duty for their flight plan, then change the flight plan. The same holds true for VOXATC. If a flight plan seems like it's causing problems, try a different one until you can get an idea what is happening. If all else fails, upload the VOXATC logfile to the cloud and send the link to the developer via the official VOXATC website.

here is the err.txt 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.CallsignImpl.CreateNCallsign(String idIn, AircraftType aTypeIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.CallsignImpl.CreateUserCallsign(String idIn, AircraftType typeIn)
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupLocalFlightPlan()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
Log Start 08/01/2017 18:56:42

The txt above keeps repeating.

and I will follow your recomendations and see what is causing the error. I do have Ultimate Traffic Live, few 3rd pty airports, global,vector, North America LC, PMDG

and I will keep going until I get it to work. 

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Many thanks for the info Jay, I'm still interested in VoxATC but as I use UT Live I might wait until some of these problems are sorted.

Do you know if VoxATC will use the default aircraft and ignore UT Live as the UT Bridge is not yet available.

Glen

Works ok with the default planes but it doesn't with PMDG  NGX. I keep getting the FATAL ERROR with the PMDG. 

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

5 hours ago, Manny Ortiz said:

Works ok with the default planes but it doesn't with PMDG  NGX. I keep getting the FATAL ERROR with the PMDG. 

Which PMDG model and which airports?  I haven't tried  either the NGX or the 777 but I have both and if I get some time tomorrow, I will see what I can find out. In the meantime, post your VOXATC log file to the cloud (Dropbox, etc.) and send the file link to the developer. Make sure that you have logging checked on in the VOXATC Advanced Settings utility. This setting provides for more detailed logging. The contact page is here:

http://voxatc.com/Contact.aspx

For anyone else wanting to report a problem, the log file is err.log and is in the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

Still testing but have to say there is a huge improvement in being vectored into hilly terrain . In fact in the previous version I would always get vectored in terrain approaching KLAS and today it looked like I was going down again when suddenly the controller told me to climb and then vectored me back down on the other side. Very impressed and worth an upgrade on that alone.

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Which PMDG model and which airports?  I haven't tried  either the NGX or the 777 but I have both and if I get some time tomorrow, I will see what I can find out. In the meantime, post your VOXATC log file to the cloud (Dropbox, etc.) and send the file link to the developer. Make sure that you have logging checked on in the VOXATC Advanced Settings utility. This setting provides for more detailed logging. The contact page is here:

http://voxatc.com/Contact.aspx

For anyone else wanting to report a problem, the log file is err.log and is in the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

Thank you for your help, I did send a link to the err.log and some information about what I have installed in p3d v4.

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

10 hours ago, zmak said:

Still testing but have to say there is a huge improvement in being vectored into hilly terrain . In fact in the previous version I would always get vectored in terrain approaching KLAS and today it looked like I was going down again when suddenly the controller told me to climb and then vectored me back down on the other side. Very impressed and worth an upgrade on that alone.

That is nice - I flew into a few mountains in Alaska using default ATC.  I'm interested to see how this works!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

got an answer from the developer

Hello

There is a problem with some add-ons on P3D V4 which we are fixing. For the moment try a different aircraft (not PMDG). or using an airline callsign

Regards

Tegwyn West

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Guys, do you think v7 should work OK in P3Dv3.4? I'm thinking to buy v7.

Thanks,

It actually works better in P3d V3 since VOXATC 7 isn't presently aware of aircraft and airports that are installed in P3d V4 via the add-on.xml technique. That bug is being worked on according to the developer.