Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Page Keeps Refreshing

I want to know why it is that the page keeps refreshing while I'm in the middle of writing and replying to a post?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's done this 3 times and I'm getting very angry!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even get a chance to finish what I'm writing. After writing a few sentences, all of a sudden it just disappears for NO reason whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I have to go back and write the whole thing again but to have the same thing happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's the problem?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is NO excuse for me to have this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken. 

Sorry.  We won't do it again.  :blush:  Seriously, AVSIM did not refresh the website and wipe out your text.  We have no idea how to do that.  What probably happened is the same thing that happened to me today.  I was writing a long post, four or five long paragraphs in length taking me at least an hour to write as I had to insert some other research I had done on the Internet in several other Tabs I had opened, and suddenly an error popped up on the AVSIM page and I knew then that our system shut the site down for maintenance/updating.  But a few seconds later, I refreshed the site by pressing F5 (the only way you can refresh AVSIM unless you go to a new page as it is impossible to refresh while you are on the same page) and I had to open the topic again and select 'Reply".  When I did that my long post was still there as AVSIM saves everything I did before it shut down.  I could even close my browser and computer system and come back two or three days later and my draft post in the topic would still be there waiting for me to continue or to post my reply.  So, do not know what happened in your case where you lost a few sentences and it all disappeared for NO reason whatsoever.  That can't happen here at AVSIM or at least I have never seen it happen or know how it could happen.  I would check out your browser settings or go to them and ask them why they refreshed the AVSIM page.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Sorry.  We won't do it again.  :blush:  Seriously, AVSIM did not refresh the website and wipe out your text.  We have no idea how to do that.  What probably happened is the same thing that happened to me today.  I was writing a long post, four or five long paragraphs in length taking me at least an hour to write as I had to insert some other research I had done on the Internet in several other Tabs I had opened, and suddenly an error popped up on the AVSIM page and I knew then that our system shut the site down for maintenance/updating.  But a few seconds later, I refreshed the site by pressing F5 (the only way you can refresh AVSIM unless you go to a new page as it is impossible to refresh while you are on the same page) and I had to open the topic again and select 'Reply".  When I did that my long post was still there as AVSIM saves everything I did before it shut down.  I could even close my browser and computer system and come back two or three days later and my draft post in the topic would still be there waiting for me to continue or to post my reply.  So, do not know what happened in your case where you lost a few sentences and it all disappeared for NO reason whatsoever.  That can't happen here at AVSIM or at least I have never seen it happen or know how it could happen.  I would check out your browser settings or go to them and ask them why they refreshed the AVSIM page.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim. About what time was it when that happened to you? Mine happened between 4:30pm and 5:00om CDT. I did not get any error messages. I don't understand why my post wasn't saved as yours did, unless I'm not doing something right. But I know in the past when I came back, it was always there waiting for me to submit. I'm using Internet Explorer 11.

Ken.

Hi Ken,

According to the time when I posted, it was 3:56 PM EST and the system shut down a little before that.  I'm  on the East Coast so the time you had issues was between 5:30 pm and 6 pm.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened at that time.

The following links might help -  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-internet-explorer-auto-refresh and https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/276787-ie-11-reloading-too-frequently.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10