Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

Arrghh! I've lost Norway!

Hi Guys, When I load a location in Norway, I don't get the location showing up at all; no mesh, no textures, just a flat, featureless nothingness.My guess is something has been overwritten in the scenery files, but where? I have add-on scenery for Norway, but it was working perfectly and I haven't added anything that overlaps the area. I've tried disabling scenery areas one by one to see if there is a conflict but no joy. Are there any tools out there that might identify the files that are in conflict?Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest allcott

I think there is a Russian airport scenery which has a misworded exclude file that does this, but I don't remember which one, sorry!Allcott

Thanks for the info Allcott. I have narrowed the problem a little more. The scenery is actually still there! It's just that whenever I select a northerly location (Norway, Finland, Sweden, etc), FS9 does not seem to recognize it and dumps me right on the North Pole!Bizzare!So what I am seeing each time I select a northern location is the scenery at the North Pole, which is pretty much non-existent. If I select an adjacent location, a little further south, I can fly into the area and it displays normally.I have tried deleting the FS9.cfg and letting the sim re-build it, but this had no effect. I've had a look at the scenery.cfg file and there is nothing obviously strange about it.Somewhere the sim is indexing the scenery incorrectly. But where?Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Guest allcott

It's a guess, but with your alias, you haven't chosen the Southern latitude in your FS-Settings-International menu? You need NORTHERN for Europe and above. DOn't know if that might make a difference?Allcott

By any chance are you running a freeware LDDU Dubrovnik scenery? The exclude in this cause all sorts of similar problems for me in Spain!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I have a similar but different (?) problem. Whenever I select an airport in New Guinea, I get dumped somewhere off the coast of West Africa....Explain that to me, please, somebody!MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest vrandar

>Hi Guys,> When I load a location in Norway, I don't get the>location showing up at all; no mesh, no textures, just a flat,>featureless nothingness.Slartibartfast would be devastated.(apologies to those who don't know The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy)Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Nope, that's not it. The latitude settings are right. Thanks for the suggestion though. Cheers,Noel.

Nope, not running Dubrovnik scenery. Thanks just the same. I need all the leads you can give me!Cheers,Noel.

Hi Holger, Yes, I'm running your great Columbia Gorge scenery. I'll try the fixes suggested this evening and let you know how I go!Cheers,N.

Hi Holger, Yes, as soon as I deactivated ZZZ_Corrected_AFCAD_Elevations Norway came back! I followed your instructions for the alternative fix but I found some of the files you listed for copying into scenery/world/scenery did not exist:AF2_02OR.bgl /AF2_28OR.bgl xAF2_36WA.bgl xAF2_4WA1.bgl /AF2_5WA7.bgl /AF2_66WA.bgl xAF2_68OR.bgl xAF2_6OR1.bgl /AF2_6OR2.bgl /AF2_75WA.bgl /AF2_7OR3.bgl xAF2_7OR6.bgl xAF2_OR50.bgl /AF2_OR60.bgl /AF2_S48.bgl /AF2_WA66.bgl /AF2_WA78.bgl /The files marked with "x" were not in the folder, so I only copied those that were there. So far so good! No CTDs!Thanks very much for your help!Cheers,N.

Hi there,that's odd! Look at http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=61493 all the AF2_ files I list in the other thread are in the original CRG package. Not sure what happened to yours. Perhaps a re-install would be best.You do want to have the duplicates in place otherwise you'll have display issues at those airfields, like floating runways or objects.Cheers, Holger