Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

PMDG and ntdll CTD in very specific circumstances

Hello,

I moved this topic from P3D General Area as it appears that PMDG should be noticed as well...I also filing the support ticket.

I have recently purchased Aerosoft Balearic Islands pack - BIP (LEPA/LIBH/LMH) from Aerosoft that was adopted as a straight port for P3Dv4.0. The installers put sceneries' entries into scenery.cfg file correctly, then I ran FTX Vector to check an elevation for each airport. Apparently, every time I load P3D with either PMDG plane in any location with Balearic airports active I have IMMEDIATE ntdll.crash and then I received a message that your video driver has been successfully recovered. However, when I try the same scenario with F22 plane, I have no this problem at all. When I de-activate BIP from scenery.cfg I'm able to fly PMDG birds again. I did several other tests and found out that Terrain folder for ANY of three airports is a culprit of ntdll. crash, but without the terrain's slices, all the sceneries look quite naked and ugly,

I reported this problem to Aerosoft and Mathis said that he has never heard about this. Please see the topic.http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125200-ngx-and-ibiza-ctd-p3d-v4/

Need your help with trouble-shooting as we clearly see cause-and-effect relationship here:  PMDG + Aerosoft BIP = ntdll CTD, but ANY default plane + Aerosoft BIP  = ok. Also, I have made several flights in P3Dv4 with NGX with FTX full sandwich, custom-made AI, FT/T2G/FSDT airports and literally had ZERO issues until the day I bought BIP,

I have i7-6700k, 980Ti, 16GB RAM, W7-64, 2TB Samsung SSD. I also run Error-Content twice and it found nothing.

Your help would be much appreciated.

DmitriyToropov

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Hello,

I moved this topic from P3D General Area as it appears that PMDG should be noticed as well...I also filing the support ticket.

I have recently purchased Aerosoft Balearic Islands pack - BIP (LEPA/LIBH/LMH) from Aerosoft that was adopted as a straight port for P3Dv4.0. The installers put sceneries' entries into scenery.cfg file correctly, then I ran FTX Vector to check an elevation for each airport. Apparently, every time I load P3D with either PMDG plane in any location with Balearic airports active I have IMMEDIATE ntdll.crash and then I received a message that your video driver has been successfully recovered. However, when I try the same scenario with F22 plane, I have no this problem at all. When I de-activate BIP from scenery.cfg I'm able to fly PMDG birds again. I did several other tests and found out that Terrain folder for ANY of three airports is a culprit of ntdll. crash, but without the terrain's slices, all the sceneries look quite naked and ugly,

I reported this problem to Aerosoft and Mathis said that he has never heard about this. Please see the topic.http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125200-ngx-and-ibiza-ctd-p3d-v4/

Need your help with trouble-shooting as we clearly see cause-and-effect relationship here:  PMDG + Aerosoft BIP = ntdll CTD, but ANY default plane + Aerosoft BIP  = ok. Also, I have made several flights in P3Dv4 with NGX with FTX full sandwich, custom-made AI, FT/T2G/FSDT airports and literally had ZERO issues until the day I bought BIP,

I have i7-6700k, 980Ti, 16GB RAM, W7-64, 2TB Samsung SSD. I also run Error-Content twice and it found nothing.

Your help would be much appreciated.

DmitriyToropov

If your graphics drivers are being “recovered” it means they’re crashing. I would do a clean install of the latest graphics drivers. 

Just now, PMDG777 said:

If your graphics drivers are being “recovered” it means they’re crashing. I would do a clean install of the latest graphics drivers. 

It's been done! A clear removal and brand new install with DDU. Apparently I'm 99% positive it has nothing to do with a driver per se. Some internal conflict between pre-P3Dv4 custom terrain and current PMDG birds is happening. Please see my next post

The update,

I can confirm that disabling the Terrain folders of each scenery makes ntdll. CTD with PMDG goes away and it's clear cause-and-effect relationship. Now I need to figure out why it happens with PMDG only and not with the default planes.

2nd update after I did a couple of tests.

Each of three airports (LEPA/LEIB/LEMG) has its own Terrain folder which in turn has Scenery and Texture Folder. Once I have Texture folder (consists of DDS and AGN files) removed, I have my ntdl CTD problem with NGX goes away (!!!). However, I'm loosing autogen and other nice visuals. What does NGX does not like old Terrain/Texture folders, I have no idea!!! But right now I'm able to recreate the chain of events. 

Actually, the same happens with T2G MCO scenery that was not adopted for P3D officially. A this point, I'm stuck since I have no knowledge in either AGN or other textures :-(

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

2nd update after I did a couple of tests.

Each of three airports (LEPA/LEIB/LEMG) has its own Terrain folder which in turn has Scenery and Texture Folder. Once I have Texture folder (consists of DDS and AGN files) removed, I have my ntdl CTD problem with NGX goes away (!!!). However, I'm loosing autogen and other nice visuals. What does NGX does not like old Terrain/Texture folders, I have no idea!!! But right now I'm able to recreate the chain of events. 

Actually, the same happens with T2G MCO scenery that was not adopted for P3D officially. A this point, I'm stuck since I have no knowledge in either AGN or other textures :-(

Yeah this is Aerosoft's problem. I'm guessing it's an incompatibility between something like dynamic lights and their pre v4 textures. This is what happens when companies copy paste scenery from the old versions and just adjust the installers.

Again,

It does happen with PMDG planes ONLY!!!. F22 and Sikorsy are just fine. I would blame Aerosoft if this CTD happens with both PMDG and the default planes. 

Sounds like quite a weird issue, to be honest... I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss your system as the culprit. As Mathijs said - it's the first time he's seen this issue, and there must be a lot of people who have this configuration.

Have you tried uninstalling all sceneries and re-downloading them (using a download manager)? Just to make sure that you haven't gotten any bad files?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Only happens since you bought one scenery add-on, and only when that scenery is loaded... yet somehow you're convinced that PMDG must be to blame.  And removing files from the scenery makes the problem go away. There's some really big holes in your logic.

• Upvote 1

Mark Fox

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Hmm... why are you creating multiple topics of (apparently) the same issue?

Yes, I moved it away from the general area to the PMDG section. Sorry about this

• Upvote 1

No worries... Just wondering... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, markdf said:

Only happens since you bought one scenery add-on, and only when that scenery is loaded... yet somehow you're convinced that PMDG must be to blame.  And removing files from the scenery makes the problem go away. There's some really big holes in your logic.

You don't read what I wrote. Default planes + Aerosoft BIP = OK, PMDG planes + Aerosoft BIP = CTD, PMDG planes + no Aerosoft = OK. 

It's unclear who's more responsible for CTD, but it's either PMDG or Aerosoft. Simply logic as you mentioned. And no, I'm no blaming PMDG, just trying to find a solution for my issue

3 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

You don't read what I wrote. Default planes + Aerosoft BIP = OK, PMDG planes + Aerosoft BIP = CTD, PMDG planes + no Aerosoft = OK. 

It's unclear who's more responsible for CTD, but it's either PMDG or Aerosoft. Simply logic as you mentioned. And no, I'm no blaming PMDG, just trying to find a solution for my issue

I think you need to go back to Aerosoft support. The issue is with the terrain files as per your post in the P3D forum.

FYI - PMDG require your full name signed on all forum posts.

I read everything you wrote.

If removing files from the scenery reliably stops the CTD, then it seems fairly obvious where the error is, and since I highly doubt PMDG added any of those files to your scenery then you have your answer.

Mark Fox