Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

PMDG and ntdll CTD in very specific circumstances

Just now, PMDG777 said:

I think you need to go back to Aerosoft support. The issue is with the terrain files as per your post in the P3D forum.

FYI - PMDG require your full name signed on all forum posts.

surely I will post on AErosoft forums as well, but as I mentioned, it's not P3D itself that does not like Aerosoft BIP, it's PMDG planes that cannot live up with it.

I think that a simple validation of my issue would be if someone would test NGX with Aerosoft Balearic Island package in V4.

DmitriyToropov

You've already stated the crash happens nowhere else, you've identified the specific files causing the crash and you're somehow still managing to attribute the crash to a different add-on.

I wish you the best of luck, but you don't seem to really want to listen to what people are saying so I'm going to just politely step out of the thread.

I hope you get your problem fixed though

Mark Fox

13 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

surely I will post on AErosoft forums as well, but as I mentioned, it's not P3D itself that does not like Aerosoft BIP, it's PMDG planes that cannot live up with it.

I think that a simple validation of my issue would be if someone would test NGX with Aerosoft Balearic Island package in V4.

DmitriyToropov

True, but I believe the crash is caused by the scenery, not PMDG. It's more likely due to be the scenery as it's not truly v4 compatible (just a rebranded installer).

UPDATE N3

Old T2G KMCO Scenery triggers the SAME issue with NGX and no such issues with default F22 using this scenery(!!!).

This scenery hasn't been officially adopted for V4 (it hasn't been even adopted for P3D at all, but it worked well in V2 and V3), so I have no formal complaints here, BUT if I disable the Terrain Folder that ALSO consists of *AGN files as Aerosoft BIP does, I have my problem with ntdll. crash vanished.  Total Mystery!!!

On the other hand, I have T2G LTBA and EDDM work okey in V4 with their Terrain folders active and recall that there were some comments from people who successfully run KMCO in V4.

But why PMDG only? Why?! Aerosoft have always right to say "it does not happen with default planes, please contact PMDG" and visa-versa.

Okey. back to work, more tests later.

Thanks to everyone for moral support at least

Dmitriy 

6 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

But why PMDG only? Why?! Aerosoft have always right to say "it does not happen with default planes, please contact PMDG" and visa-versa.

PMDG aircraft are fully 64bit v4 compiled and compatible. These sceneries are installer changes at best only, they haven't been compiled for 64 bit.

17 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

PMDG aircraft are fully 64bit v4 compiled and compatible. These sceneries are installer changes at best only, they haven't been compiled for 64 bit.

Sceneries, unless they have *DLL files embedded, does not require "64b conversion". At all.  

55 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Sceneries, unless they have *DLL files embedded, does not require "64b conversion". At all.  

That's not true at all (and hence why you're seeing crashes). 

Can you please try and see if you have CTD with other payware planes, if you have any? We can then see if it is specific to PMDG or not. (Not that I ll have a suggestion after that I am just curious :) ) 

Ahmet Can

3 minutes ago, costamesa said:

Can you please try and see if you have CTD with other payware planes, if you have any? We can then see if it is specific to PMDG or not. (Not that I ll have a suggestion after that I am just curious :) ) 

Unfortunately, don't have other payware commercial airliners except for PMDG birds, as only PMDG's have been converted so far for P3Dv4. I can only compare default vs. PMDG.

11 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

That's not true at all (and hence why you're seeing crashes). 

Sceneries consist of *bgl, *dds, *bmp, *agn files. Non of them require conversion from 32b to 64b. However, custom *AGN data that feeds custom terrain POTENTIALLY might have a conflict with newer materials converted via V4 SDK. It could be just incidental that it's very difficult to catch during routine beta-testing. 

Just do add more suspense...:-)

I decided to go backward and started to de-activate everything that were installed in last 48 hours.  FSDT LSGG that was installed AFTER KMCO and once it was de-activated now I can use KMCO  with NGX. Then, for a sake of purity of an experiment, I installed FSDT LSGG again and KMCO does not work. Well....I guess it's easy to predict Twin Peaks Season3 finale.

PS. If mods think that this topic should go to P3D General Area I have no objections 

8 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Just do add more suspense...:-)

I decided to go backward and started to de-activate everything that were installed in last 48 hours.  FSDT LSGG that was installed AFTER KMCO and once it was de-activated now I can use KMCO  with NGX. Then, for a sake of purity of an experiment, I installed FSDT LSGG again and KMCO does not work. Well....I guess it's easy to predict Twin Peaks Season3 finale.

PS. If mods think that this topic should go to P3D General Area I have no objections 

Yeah so it’s pretty apparent now that the mish mash of v4 and non-v4 sceneries you’ve installed recently are tripping over each other and causing this. 

UPDATE 4. 

Spent a good portion of time yesterday, adding/disabling/compiling/recompiling/installing/reinstalling various add-ones.

Bottom line - I was able to finally cure my ntdll CTD for now, but I don't see any direct dependencies in my actions, so perhaps it's merely an incidental luck. What I did was merely disabled those add-ones that were initially added via XML-method (FSDT/SODE/UK2000), reloadede the sim, then suffle the order of those add-ones and enabled them again. Finally, the ntdll CTD was gone with all my sceneries active in both XML-mode and classic scenery.cfg mode. Made a quick NGX test MCO-JFK, it worked flawlessly.

I'm yet to install 50 other sceneries' products, so perhaps this issue will pop-up again. Meanwhile, it's pretty obvious now that on a long-run all the developers should stick with either one method of adding their products to the sim or another. Otherwise, the products' conflicts like these would be "new normal" 

That's all for now. Sorry for a little bit of drama. 

My best
Dmitriy

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

UPDATE 4. 

Spent a good portion of time yesterday, adding/disabling/compiling/recompiling/installing/reinstalling various add-ones.

Bottom line - I was able to finally cure my ntdll CTD for now, but I don't see any direct dependencies in my actions, so perhaps it's merely an incidental luck. What I did was merely disabled those add-ones that were initially added via XML-method (FSDT/SODE/UK2000), reloadede the sim, then suffle the order of those add-ones and enabled them again. Finally, the ntdll CTD was gone with all my sceneries active in both XML-mode and classic scenery.cfg mode. Made a quick NGX test MCO-JFK, it worked flawlessly.

I'm yet to install 50 other sceneries' products, so perhaps this issue will pop-up again. Meanwhile, it's pretty obvious now that on a long-run all the developers should stick with either one method of adding their products to the sim or another. Otherwise, the products' conflicts like these would be "new normal" 

That's all for now. Sorry for a little bit of drama. 

My best
Dmitriy

Glad you've got it sorted (for now). I recommend sticking to sceneries that are v4 compatible only.