Sign in to follow this  
raffel

737ngx update problem

Hi,

Just downloaded the updated installer for the 737-8900 base package from aerosoft (and deleted the old one). However when trying to install i get the error message saying: "Installation cannot continue. Your registry does not show a valid Prepar3D(tm) installation location.

The old installer (version 1.20.8396) works perfectly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

This may seem obvious, but have you checked to make sure that the installer is attempting to install to the correct directory?

The error occurs before i can start the installer and select plattform/directory. It happens after the installshield wizard (pmdg ..... is preparing the installshield wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process)

10 minutes ago, raffel said:

The error occurs before i can start the installer and select plattform/directory. It happens after the installshield wizard (pmdg ..... is preparing the installshield wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process)

Welcome to the forums! What sim (and version) are you running?

FYI - PMDG require your posts to be signed with your full name, it's easiest if you stick it in the signature block like mine

P3DV4 4.0.28.21686 (with hotfix installed for client, not scenery and content). 

3 minutes ago, raffel said:

P3DV4 4.0.28.21686 (with hotfix installed for client, not scenery and content). 

Are you using or have you ever had installed the Estonia Migration Tool?

6 minutes ago, raffel said:

Never heard of, so no

Did you uninstall the old version before (attempting) installing the new version?

3 minutes ago, raffel said:

Yep, uninstalled the old version using the remove apps in WIN10 control panel

Okay so this is pointing to a registry issue, I'd suggest opening a support ticket with PMDG who can walk you through it

Okay, i will open a ticket and hopefully they can sort it out, the strange thing is that the old version and the new aerosoft CRJ installed without any problems.

Thanks for your help

I just updated the PMDG 747 with no problems, but the 737 NGX gives me the same error when trying to reinstall.  I think I know why:

1. The 747 base installer was downloaded from PMDG.  It installed perfectly and found my P3D V4 location.

2. The 737 NGX base installer was downloaded from Aerosoft using the USA server.  This happened to me the last time and I had to download the installer from the EU server and then it installed with no problem.  I'm doing that right now since it's a no go with the USA server.  The only issue is that it's going to take over an hour to download the file versus 40 seconds.  Yes, I have a 1GB fiber internet connection and still shows anywhere from 1 to 3 hours.

Hope this helps,

George

Update, I downloaded the installer from the EU server from Aerosoft and it has the correct working version.  The file size of the uninstallable version was about 762MB versus the installable version which is about 873MB.

Hope this helps someone out there,

George

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dornier said:

Update, I downloaded the installer from the EU server from Aerosoft and it has the correct working version.  The file size of the uninstallable version was about 762MB versus the installable version which is about 873MB.

Hope this helps someone out there,

Hi George,

Please tell me the url for the EU server!  I am not seeing the updated NGX at support.aerosoft.com.

Thanks,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 05/08/2017 at 8:27 AM, Mike777 said:

Hi George,

Please tell me the url for the EU server!  I am not seeing the updated NGX at support.aerosoft.com.

Thanks,

Mike

Contact Aerosoft. Users cannot share download links to installers here.