Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Asian Airports and Prepar3d v4 compatibility list

Hmm,

I have WMKK, VTSB and VTSP - all by A_A installed in V4, though I have to admit I never tried any one at night so I do not really know if the lighting is working. I never got VTSM to work in P3D.

Bali by Aerosoft is working too.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

4 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Hmm,

I have WMKK, VTSB and VTSP - all by A_A installed in V4, though I have to admit I never tried any one at night so I do not really know if the lighting is working. I never got VTSM to work in P3D.

Bali by Aerosoft is working too.

How did you install them? I’m new to P3D so not sure how you were able to get them in there to work! 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

16 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

How did you install them? I’m new to P3D so not sure how you were able to get them in there to work! 

Just copied them over from FSX (into a directory outside of P3dV4) and put them into scenery.cfg.

If not install them into fake FSX and then copy.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

12 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Just copied them over from FSX (into a directory outside of P3dV4) and put them into scenery.cfg.

If not install them into fake FSX and then copy.

I tried this and was not getting it to work properly. So now I've tried using Lorby_Si organizer, and it's working a lot better but I can't see the jetways. Any ideas on how to get them to show?

RW Freight Pilot

Just checked both VTSB and VTSP and the jetways are there, although I suspect they do not move (forgot to check, because I really do not care about them moving). I remember at least VTSB had a patch.

There are some black buildings in the landscape around VTSP but nothing major.

Edit: Just checked my account at Simmarket - there are several patches for VTSB - and at least 2 for P3D.

Erhard

Gilgit, Pakistan would be good too. It is much like Paro.

Dave

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Just checked both VTSB and VTSP and the jetways are there, although I suspect they do not move (forgot to check, because I really do not care about them moving). I remember at least VTSB had a patch.

There are some black buildings in the landscape around VTSP but nothing major.

Edit: Just checked my account at Simmarket - there are several patches for VTSB - and at least 2 for P3D.

I’ve got the others to work, just struggling with VTSP jetways... I’m also assuming if I had just purchased them a few weeks ago, I shouldn’t need to download the updates?

RW Freight Pilot

6 hours ago, pvupilot said:

I’ve got the others to work, just struggling with VTSP jetways... I’m also assuming if I had just purchased them a few weeks ago, I shouldn’t need to download the updates?

As to Phuket, did you check to make sure that you have one of the two jetway files active ? They are VTSP_animated_jetway.bgl or VTSP_Static_jetway.bgl one of those must be active. Also, did you check to make sure that you have no other VTSP active somewhere (Mytraffic ?) ?

As I can still see all the VTSB files in my account, I *suppose* you will need them all. But if you got it to work as is, why do you not just leave it at that ?

Just in case you do not know: There is also a very good freeware of VCBI: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bandaranaike-international-airport-colombo-vcbi-released.441112/page-2

Erhard

2 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

As to Phuket, did you check to make sure that you have one of the two jetway files active ? They are VTSP_animated_jetway.bgl or VTSP_Static_jetway.bgl one of those must be active. Also, did you check to make sure that you have no other VTSP active somewhere (Mytraffic ?) ?

As I can still see all the VTSB files in my account, I *suppose* you will need them all. But if you got it to work as is, why do you not just leave it at that ?

Just in case you do not know: There is also a very good freeware of VCBI: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bandaranaike-international-airport-colombo-vcbi-released.441112/page-2

Yeah I'm planning on not touching the update files since everything is working as is (except for Phuket). I'm a little confused on how to make the jetways active. I run the .bat file for the static but nothing in the sim changes. I understand when installing these addons on our own can present problems and I'm probably (obviously) doig something wrong...

Thanks for that link! I'll give that one a try too!

Update: I uninstalled the Phuket scenery, ran the .bat file in my fake FSX install folder, and reinstalled it, the jetways are now there! All is good! Thanks so much for your help! Can't wait to start flying into these airports!

RW Freight Pilot

Hi fellow Avsimmers,

I've got Incheon Overland working in P3D V4 just in time to celebrate the Winter Olympics, but I have an issue with my framerates at night. I go from an average of 40-50FPS  during the day to 10 FPS at night. Does anyone know what could be the cause and how to resolve the issue? 

Regards,

Chris Smith

www.ndbair.com

Hi fellow Avsimmers,

I've got Incheon Overland working in P3D V4 just in time to celebrate the Winter Olympics, but I have an issue with my framerates at night. I go from an average of 40-50FPS  during the day to 10 FPS at night. Does anyone know what could be the cause and how to resolve the issue? 

Regards,

Chris Smith

www.ndbair.com

Not at my sim pc now, but this rings a bell from my FSX days at RKSI. I remember there being a massive hit when the massive taxiway lighting bgl/texture went active. 

I haven't happened to be there at night in v4 yet but will take a look this evening. 

Related, are you seeing any terrain bleedthrough at RKSI in p3d? The airport works well for me but at one narrow spot between the terminal and runway ends I see ground textures through the pavement (I also have FTX installed)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Not at my sim pc now, but this rings a bell from my FSX days at RKSI. I remember there being a massive hit when the massive taxiway lighting bgl/texture went active. 

I haven't happened to be there at night in v4 yet but will take a look this evening. 

Related, are you seeing any terrain bleedthrough at RKSI in p3d? The airport works well for me but at one narrow spot between the terminal and runway ends I see ground textures through the pavement (I also have FTX installed)

I'll likewise take a look and see if I also have a similar bleed-through issue. Thanks in advance for your help, Dan. :)

Hi Chris,

I suspect it's the lights bgl and related light effects for the entire set of taxiway lighting- In my sim it's not visible unless I drop the view level down to zero, at which point they become visible in the distance (suggesting my airport/afcad elevation is off and slightly above). In going to test a change in the afcad I found the stock airport has 280+ aprons, meaning the latest version of ADE won't compile (254 max). I'll do some cleanup and then see if I can isolate the bgl that hosts the lights- my frame rates didn't take much hit, but my load time here at night literally went through the roof (from about 20s to almost five minutes!). Nothing's simple eh? :cool:

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I am currently flying around my installed Asian and Australasian airports in an attempt to verify their applicability.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx