Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Asian Airports and Prepar3d v4 compatibility list

On 2/19/2018 at 9:41 PM, sddjd said:

I suspect it's the lights bgl and related light effects for the entire set of taxiway lighting

To follow up, I found from old installations that the bgl's in question are "Lamp_xx" (I think 15 total) that create the massive taxiway lighting hit. I'm not seeing a huge framerate drop when these are active, but as I noted my load times were crazy. 

I just deactivated those bgl's to save my load times- the runways retain their lighting but there's definitely something lost compared to the sea of taxiway lighting in the default scenery (as artificial as it may be).

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Technobrains haneda RJTT is out at SimMarket...working fine in V4 hope to see Kansai and Naha now!

Darren Howie

On 4/1/2018 at 12:04 AM, DEHowie said:

Technobrains haneda RJTT is out at SimMarket...working fine in V4 hope to see Kansai and Naha now!

Does your AFCAD work? Mine isn't showing any traffic and I'm in V4.

I bought Technobrain's Haneda and I like it. I use PSXSeecontraffic for AI traffic at present, and using it I have Real-Time-traffic as well as static planes at the gates.

RT traffic shouldn't care for AFCADs :happy: but gate/ramp traffic is made using ParkPosGenerator which I think is based on AFCADs.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 1/13/2018 at 5:44 AM, Anxu00 said:

Their rendition for these two cities are for FS9, being modded to work in FSX.  If the call to get theirs to FSX properly went unheard, I would not count for P3Dv4.  Asia area is not very well paid attention to, there are money to be made for airports in NA and Europe due to the sheer number of users there.  These days I use AFCAD and generic Rex Airport HD textures.  Work well for me.

Just an FYI update- I've been tinkering with my old 9 and X scenery add-ons and had some success with VVNB (at least enough for me to want to fly there again):

VVNB_P3dv4.png

Using the FX tool it was even possible to add some ramp lighting effects for more realistic splashes on the scenery and AI (late night so not much action in the pic above). There is some little flickering visible at certain places during taxi, but by far beats the default.

By default if added to P3dv4 99% of the scenery doesn't display. By using MCX I opened and exported the following bgl's to native P3dv4 format. Obviously this must be done only for owners' sole use. NOTE, the remaining bgl's must remain as they are; through trial and error I found that updating the remainder, especially the ground related bgl's caused them to float/and or not display correctly.

bus_3

billboard

grass

grass_2

animated_objects

docking_system

service_car

car

app_light_system

car_parking_sportlight (yes, spelled that way)

taxiway_light001

sport_light_2

sport_light

gmax_autogen

kruay_som

jetway

b737

cargo_lift_blue

airport_service

airport_object

terminal

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

9 hours ago, sddjd said:

By using MCX I opened and exported the following bgl's to native P3dv4 format

Interesting, what's MCX, I would like to do the same. Thx

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

ModelconverterX is a free scenery design tool you can find here:

https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/

The FSDeveloper forum has a ton of support for questions/tips, but luckily for this process no knowledge is required (I'm certainly no expert with it). I'd advise downloading the dev version just to have the latest p3d tools, etc.

1. Use the "import" button to open the relevant bgl's (make a backup copy first). 
  2. Accept the default values in the pop-ups that appear; for some bgl's this will need many clicks as the file will contain a lot of fs9 mdl's that will be updated.
  3. Click "export scenery" and overwrite the file in the scenery folder. 

Hope that helps.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

On 1/14/2018 at 5:26 AM, TravelRunner404 said:

This map should help you for officially released P3Dv4 airports, although I know you guys are talking about a few unofficial airports in Asia:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/viewer?hl=en&mid=1iC53OO8AYamAmOxDwZC0pb8G3SX1OM_8&ll=30.345022867712345%2C27.523060049884407&z=3

This is really helpful. Are you the one producing this?

If so a big thanks!

Still sad that there's not much work being done for Asian airports. Still no updated RKSI, or VTBS, VVTS. 😞 Where are these developers? I wish FSDT, FlightBeam, ORBX, FlyTampa or Drecieweiki Design would step up to the plate and make some quality updates for these airports.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 6/22/2018 at 6:49 AM, captain420 said:

Still sad that there's not much work being done for Asian airports. Still no updated RKSI, or VTBS, VVTS. 😞 Where are these developers? I wish FSDT, FlightBeam, ORBX, FlyTampa or Drecieweiki Design would step up to the plate and make some quality updates for these airports.

There are developers working on rksi and vtbs

Really? Who?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

28 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Really? Who?

Pacsim updated their Facebook page Mar 3rd with RKSI as their next project. Nothing on their website, but they typically only have current product-related info there.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

On 5/19/2018 at 10:37 PM, sddjd said:

Just an FYI update- I've been tinkering with my old 9 and X scenery add-ons and had some success with VVNB (at least enough for me to want to fly there again):

Using the FX tool it was even possible to add some ramp lighting effects for more realistic splashes on the scenery and AI (late night so not much action in the pic above).

What is the "FX tool"?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

What is the "FX tool"?

One of the P3d SDK tools that allows in-sim previewing of an effect (like a ramp light) along with a tool window for tweaking. The LM link is below, good as a starting point but FSDeveloper is also very useful for a crash course. 

Special Effects Tool

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

7 hours ago, sddjd said:

Pacsim updated their Facebook page Mar 3rd with RKSI as their next project. Nothing on their website, but they typically only have current product-related info there.

Wow, that is awesome news then! I can't wait. RKSI is badly in need of an update.