Sign in to follow this  
snapitbik

Why this Warning

Dear Friend / Expertise / Developer

I really dont understand why everytime when  my approach is stable for landing, i  receive the  warning sound  Dont sink please can i know what i did wrong, 

here is my uploaded video

Best Regards

Bikash

Edited by snapitbik
Name is was not mention

Real names on the forum required please

What panel state are you using when loading the aircraft initially?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for reply , 

Normally i load other aircraft  panel state because i will save me some time to configure again,  before starting Cold and Dark State

Bikash

1 hour ago, snapitbik said:

I really dont understand why everytime when  my approach is stable for landing, i  receive the  warning sound  Dont sink please can i know what i did wrong, 

Go into:

<sim root>\PMDG\NAVDATA and find a file called ARPT_RWYS.dat. Delete it to let it rebuild.

That should do it.

Kyle Rodgers

41 minutes ago, snapitbik said:

Thank you for reply , 

Normally i load other aircraft  panel state because i will save me some time to configure again,  before starting Cold and Dark State

Bikash

Looks like your FS2Crew is configured incorrectly as it says "Okay to clean up" but you're on final approach (I don't have it so don't know if that's normal)? My guess is that's the problem.

Also, your FULL name - first and last name - are required.

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Go into:

<sim root>\PMDG\NAVDATA and find a file called ARPT_RWYS.dat. Delete it to let it rebuild.

That should do it.

I try deleting the ARPT_RWYS.dat fi;e and still the same problem. Any idea dear DEV Team. 

Best Regards

Bikash kc

20 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Looks like your FS2Crew is configured incorrectly as it says "Okay to clean up" but you're on final approach (I don't have it so don't know if that's normal)? My guess is that's the problem.

Also, your FULL name - first and last name - are required.

The Fs2crew MSG appears for ok to clean up shows as early because i load the flight again and the FS2crew procedure was not in accordingly, and Dont Sink  Warning sound is produced by PMDG aircraft not FS2crew Sound if i am correct . 

Thank you

Bikash kc

I believe it can be any of two things:

1. Is the panel state. If you just load a PMDG default state to rule out the possibility.

2. Are you flying circuits with the 777? I used to have that issue when flying circuits. It seems the GPWS is not cycling out of the takeoff phase and is applying GPWS Mode 3 as you are below the threshold altitude with a descending trend. Hence the "Dont Sink". This may relate to option 1, where for some reason the GPWS is in TO phase.

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

3 hours ago, snapitbik said:

I try deleting the ARPT_RWYS.dat fi;e and still the same problem. Any idea dear DEV Team. 

Best Regards

Bikash kc

Listening to the audio (I didn't watch the video earlier - sorry), the "don't sink" doesn't sound at all like our aircraft. What else are you running besides the 777?

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, snapitbik said:

The Fs2crew MSG appears for ok to clean up shows as early because i load the flight again and the FS2crew procedure was not in accordingly, and Dont Sink  Warning sound is produced by PMDG aircraft not FS2crew Sound if i am correct . 

Disable your FS2Crew and try it again. As Kyle said, that isn't PMDGs sound.

Hi Bikash and to others with this situation.

You're actually hearing your sim native GPWS thats located in the main Sound folder and have nothing to do with FS2Crew nor PMDG.

2HA8iNv.png

You can actually rename it (GPWS_Dont_Sink_bak) and that will fix the situation. I also had this problem with the B777.

T. Headlam

On 10/27/2017 at 0:46 PM, Benzhangar said:

Hi Bikash and to others with this situation.

You're actually hearing your sim native GPWS thats located in the main Sound folder and have nothing to do with FS2Crew nor PMDG.

2HA8iNv.png

You can actually rename it (GPWS_Dont_Sink_bak) and that will fix the situation. I also had this problem with the B777.

T. Headlam

You do know that if you do that, the GPWS will remain silent when the Don't sink callout is required?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png