Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Loss of Nosewheel Steering - C172?

After a highly spectacular (and unauthorised), departure through the hanger, control tower and the adjacent farmers' field at EGNL it would appear that I have lost control of the nosewheel steering on the C172?

I have tried the usual (unorthodox) fix of deleting the contents of the Prefs Folder - to no avail.... and (short of a re-install), can now only ask as to whether anyone else has ever encountered this problem and, if so, how they fixed it? 

Regards,

Does nosewheel works in other aircrafts?

Does rudder works?

Have you tried going to the "Failures" screen and click on "Fix All Systems"?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

58 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Does nosewheel works in other aircrafts?

Does rudder works?

Have you tried going to the "Failures" screen and click on "Fix All Systems"?

Hi Murmur,

As a quick reply - I haven't tried any other aircraft in XP11 as my goto VFR aircraft is the C172.

Using Saitek Yoke and Throttle Controls (I don't have Rudder Pedals), all that I can report is that I have lost both Rudder and Nosewheel steering.

Odd!

Perhaps a re-install might sort the problem.

24 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

Using Saitek Yoke and Throttle Controls (I don't have Rudder Pedals), all that I can report is that I have lost both Rudder and Nosewheel steering.

Perhaps a re-install might sort the problem.

Oh no! Certainly it can be fixed much easier than a full reinstall.

Try going to "X-Plane 11\Output\preferences" and delete the two files "X-Plane Calibration.prf" and "X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf", and then reassign and recalibrate all your controls in X-Plane.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

12 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Oh no! Certainly it can be fixed much easier than a full reinstall.

Try going to "X-Plane 11\Output\preferences" and delete the two files "X-Plane Calibration.prf" and "X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf", and then reassign and recalibrate all your controls in X-Plane.

I have deleted the entire contents of the Preferences folder - restarted XP and now wonder if there is a hidden/secondary XP preferences folder? Hmmmm.....

Absolutely baffled with this one...

Any Ideas anyone ?

Have you tried going to the control assignment and calibration screen and reassign all the axes?

Make sure the axis is "made active" before assigning it.

In order to do so you have to enter the "calibration" menu, and as you move each of you controllers axis the corresponding axis becomes active.

Some users complain about losing the axis in XP11 Steam, and AEFS2. It has happened to me twice, one time with AEFS2 the other with XP11.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

i had this happen with one of the updates a while back and wound up having to assign a button to toggle Nosewheel Steering, that may help.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

On 02/08/2017 at 5:58 PM, Murmur said:

Have you tried going to the control assignment and calibration screen and reassign all the axes?

Oddly.... I have re-calibrated the yoke and throttles and yet still get a warning message at the bottom of the Calibration Page that tells me: Multiple axes assigned to throttle, prop, mixture. Your controls might not work correctly.

I have Pitch, Roll, Throttle, Prop and Mixture correctly assigned to each of my physical devices but still have an advisory problem from XP?

You have to disable some axis that are not being used in one of your controllers and conflict with same axis in another controller .

I had that problem too because I used:

- a TS16000 for roll / pitch and a few more functions like steering tiller;

- the HOTAS unit of a broken X52 Pro fro throttle, and also prop and mixture, but without the main unit of the X52 being attached to the PC;

- A Saitek Combat Rudder Pro for yaw and toe brakes;

The problem was that XP11 assumed the full X52 was connected, and so I had to disable it's "X" and Y" axis as well as the "Z" axis because they were conflicting with the similar ones in the TS16000

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...