Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Yoke / rudder pedal and Reverse thrust

I have two questions... What are the recommended settings for yoke and rudder pedal sensitivity and null zones? 

Also, I have a Thrustmaster Hotas throttle and was wondering how I am able to set up reverse thrust on the throttle instead of having to press F1 and F2.  I have FSUIPC and got it working in V3 with the FSLabs 320 with the steps below.  However, these steps don't seem to work with the NGX.  Any thoughts?

just follow the documented steps. btw step 3 means (you open the backside detend of your throttles, pull up the left lever and shift it back) That triggers the button which will be mapped to F2 (decrease quickly) and F1 (cutoff)

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/11965-thrust-master-warthog-thrust-lever/

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

4 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I have two questions... What are the recommended settings for yoke and rudder pedal sensitivity and null zones? 

Also, I have a Thrustmaster Hotas throttle and was wondering how I am able to set up reverse thrust on the throttle instead of having to press F1 and F2.  I have FSUIPC and got it working in V3 with the FSLabs 320 with the steps below.  However, these steps don't seem to work with the NGX.  Any thoughts?

just follow the documented steps. btw step 3 means (you open the backside detend of your throttles, pull up the left lever and shift it back) That triggers the button which will be mapped to F2 (decrease quickly) and F1 (cutoff)

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/11965-thrust-master-warthog-thrust-lever/

I also have the warthog and I use the grey trim axis (on the right side of the throttle) as the reverser axis. You have to make sure your engines are at idle before it will work (I have a button which I hold on touch down to fully idle the engines).

33 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I also have the warthog and I use the grey trim axis (on the right side of the throttle) as the reverser axis. You have to make sure your engines are at idle before it will work (I have a button which I hold on touch down to fully idle the engines).

Ok, so it isn't possible to idle the throttle then "lift up and pull back" to access the reverse?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

33 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Can you also let me know the steps you used to set up the grey trim axis?  With that being said, what do you use for trim?

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok, so it isn't possible to idle the throttle then "lift up and pull back" to access the reverse?

Well it is, but the lift up and back isn't an axis, it's a button. So the best you could do would be to assign it to the F2 key and make sure repeat is checked.

Just now, Zimmerbz said:

Can you also let me know the steps you used to set up the grey trim axis?  With that being said, what do you use for trim?

I use the black 4-way hat below the grey hat switch on the joystick for trim, much more accurate to the yoke trim buttons on the 737/777 etc. 

I used FSUIPC and for that grey axis, assigned it to "direct to FSUIPC calibration" and Reverser. The axis might need to be reversed in calibration I can't remember.