Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Seat Position

This is driving me nuts. In FSX you could adjust your seat position then save it,  without affecting the outside world zoom!:angry:  

With x-plane I cannot find anything that works. Best advice so far was to use plane maker which I would like to avoid unless someone here has accomplished the seat position effectively using it.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Bob

You could make use of the QuickView feature:

.) adjust seat position using the arrow keys and the period and comma key for forward/backward;

.) press CTRL+NUMPAD 0 (or any other number you wish) to store the new position as a QuickView;

.) press NUMPAD 0 (or the number you used) to retrieve the camera position you stored.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

You could make use of the QuickView feature:

.) adjust seat position using the arrow keys and the period and comma key for forward/backward;

.) press CTRL+NUMPAD 0 (or any other number you wish) to store the new position as a QuickView;

.) press NUMPAD 0 (or the number you used) to retrieve the camera position you stored.

Hi Murmur, thanks for the help. I have one other question.

Is there a way to program say Numpad 0 as a button push on the joystick. I could not find a way. Don't want to go to the keyboard to get back to, in this case, my forward cockpit default view (Numpad 0)?.

Thanks

Bob

9 minutes ago, N1G said:

Is there a way to program say Numpad 0 as a button push on the joystick. I could not find a way. Don't want to go to the keyboard to get back to, in this case, my forward cockpit default view (Numpad 0)?.

Should be doable. Go to the Joystick screen, click the button you want to assign, then click on "Edit", and assign it to: "Views"->"Quick Look"->"Go to save 3-D cockpit location #1"

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Sorry for the late response. Got it working Murmur Thanks much!

x-plane is really much better when it comes to saving, it's like having ez-dok already built in, there is also a program from sticks and rudder thats free and have unlimited views and saves. p3d you need too many addons just to get what x-plane has out of the box, and i do use both x-plane and p3d 4

• Upvote 2