Sign in to follow this  
ieydis

Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 Released!!!

For anyone who was desperately wanting keyboard assignments for the AP, Hans has just confirmed on the Aerosoft forum that he's added assignments for all the knobs on the AP and these will be available in the first update, due soon!!

Well done Hans and Aerosoft for listening to customers and acting so quickly :ha:

• Upvote 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

36 minutes ago, JYW said:

For anyone who was desperately wanting keyboard assignments for the AP, Hans has just confirmed on the Aerosoft forum that he's added assignments for all the knobs on the AP and these will be available in the first update, due soon!!

Well done Hans and Aerosoft for listening to customers and acting so quickly :ha:

That's good news!

4 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

Can you do any other than ranting? If you do not like the product then do not buy it. Period.

It's comments like that which has made the standard of addons decline over the last year's. I hate ranting,  but how can you release an addon with out being able to use the glideslope.  Come on man

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

It's comments like that which has made the standard of addons decline over the last year's.

And it is people like you that give simmers a bad rep imo. If you have a problem with something there are far more eloquent ways to express yourself. 

• Upvote 3

You can not deny it is a reasonable price. And the first fixes are already in the new installers. The product has some flaws at the moment yes but I have not seen a software product that didn't sofar. SP's will be supplied soon and on top of that you will get loads of new features for free later on. I see nothing wrong here. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, tooting said:

They only had 7 years to do that. And 20+ beta testers. Screw this pay to beta junk they have just released 

geez you're negative. I suggest you stay away from the plane :)

• Upvote 2

LOL @tooting. Calm down! You compare the end of the western civilisation to a Aerosoft product? Man...

Almost every software product has some glitches at release. The F16 made a turn to its back when flying over the equator in real life...

So what? Next patch will fix most of this. And yes: You ARE ranting. Keep cool ;-)

Edit: this thing costs 50€, I have to work 1 hour for this, a product which was developed 7 years, with many manhours of work... So why would I cry at the non-official forum about 1 or 2 bugs? report the bugs, give them a chance to fix it, that's it.

Edit2: The western world has a problem not because of capitalism but because people are 90% greedy, id*otic self-centered a**holes.

• Upvote 5

There is no GS bug perse. Only if you use the system like it is not supposed to it may occur. 

Irrespective of what kind of bugs are present, they will be fixed. Soon.

Please stop riding this 7 year development horse. The time frame has nothing to do with the product. It is not like Hans was working 24/7 for 7 years on this thing. There were months were nothing happened and the project was "resetted" twice. If you count the CRJ200, with which we started the project with, we would be over 10 years now. 

The best way to make devs known you do not support releases like this is vote/speak with your wallet. Just ranting and stating your biased personal opinion (biased because you do not own the add on and have no idea about the bugs) does not help people any further who are reading this thread to get information. 

• Upvote 1

While I acutally support your thoughts, tooting, I still think that you are slightly exagerating here. And you are, sorry to say, as inconsequent as all other human beings, illustrated by this sentence of yours:

"You can use you all the emotionional words you can find in a dictionary and call me, I dont care what you think of me."

This is exactly as word not allowed as one can be and basically it is related to the same so called "issue" you are blaming AS for: people are selfish those days. And you nicely illustrate here that you have exactly the same mindset. Do you think the developer cares about what you write in a forum? I am pretty sure that he could use the exact same line: "You can call me whatever you want for not seeing this bug, but I basically do not care what you think of me". Whooops. Think about it...

And to your "valid reason": might be that the non-working glideslope showed up as a bug in alpha or beta testing. Then, it was addressed and removed. Later, while addressing other bugs, it came back but as it was not on the list anymore, or even worse, it was on the list of the "solved" bugs, nobody noticed it anymore as it was not specifically being tested (it was solved...).

Furthemore: no, we do not simply "take it". The bug was discovered, addressed and will be solved in a patch. Like other bugs.

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, tooting said:

How the hell can you release an aircraft without the glide working

They had former experienced CRJ pilots testing this like crazy. Kinda hard to believe its a full blown bug. From reading the forums it seems its users not setting it up correctly and to do with incorrect nav source setting. In any case they are not denying it, but are checking into it to verify it. Hans is already giving an explanation how it should be working. Perhaps its just particular approaches. Like my RNAV misdraw. They cant test every RNAV app out there to see if it draws correctly. Just impossible. Would never be released.  Sure we expect a great product but to expect it completely free of bugs is unreasonable IMHO

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I am that former 5000hr CRJ pilot. Next to me we have 7 current CRJ drivers onboard. We did not experience that "bug" for weeks now when flying the CRJ like we do IRL.  

Like Hightowers said, we are looking into it and it will be solved as soon as we find the culprit. 

Ps, we even get a lot of support questions now concerning the pirated beta from last year. And that thing was very buggy. We already banned some members because they openly admitted to using it in the support forum and see no harm in it. But that is another discussion. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, tooting said:

one of the reasons western civilization has so many problems is because we pander to everything and anyone.  

Its because people dont stand up and say something and just "take it" that we have so many problems (that our children and grand children are going to be left with.)

You can use you all the emotionional words you can find in a dictionary and call me, I dont care what you think of me.

But If you can come up with a valid reason and logic as to why a developer can release a product with a big a bug as the glideslope one (after 7 years), and think its ok to charge for it then im all ears.

Would you be happy now if all the aircraft addons due out (330,787,fsl) had all these bugs because if you dont like it you dont pay for it??  

I had my boss ask me the other day to decline a day off for a guy who's got 20 years service to go to an awards ceremony for long service flight crew members because they didnt want to pay the money in overtime for someone to cover his duty when he went to his awards ceremony.  Its heart breaking how capitalism can and will ruin the world and everyone just takes it as the norm now.  Same with addons chock full of bugs

I hear myself talking ;) Could not agree more! Here here!

-Roland

18 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

Ps, we even get a lot of support questions now concerning the pirated beta from last year. And that thing was very buggy. 

Yeah.... id*ots everywhere. Filling a support request for a pirated version - IQ = 0.

Could you explain in short words how you activate the GS/LOC in real life compared to what users try and obviously fail?

10 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Could you explain in short words how you activate the GS/LOC in real life compared to what users try and obviously fail?

Basically, the GS will work ok if you activate full approach mode (APR) directly, as soon as you have changed the Nav source from FMS1 to LOC1.    

The bug here, where the GS will not work, is if you switch the Nav source to LOC1, and then press NAV (to engage LOC only, initially).  When you then see the GS 'alive' and hit APR mode, the AP will not then follow the GS.  This is the bug.

They're working on it, and I have no doubt they'll fix it.   Aerosoft work like mad after a new release and fix things very quickly.

I do disagree with the comment that "GS will work, if you use it as you're supposed to".    In real world aviation it is very common to arm LOC mode only initially, and then to later switch to APR mode, for full LOC and GS coupling.   This is because some towers will clear an aircraft only for the LOC initially; with a later clearance for the GS.

....but for now, if you just go straight into APR mode, the GS seems to work fine.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 minutes ago, swiesma said:

You intercept the LOC in HDG mode (+/- 30 degree intercept angle) with the NAV Source (green needles) in LOC1 or LOC2. Not FMS1 or FMS2 for example. APPR mode armed.  

The LOC mode must be active before the GS mode can go from armed to active.

You should be in the initial approach altitude (higher or lower is also fine) and intercept the GS from below. 

Following these steps did not gave me GS problems at all the airports I flew to (mainly European ones) in the beta. 

• Upvote 2