Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System elevator problem

Hello everybody,

I bought a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System recently and I am trying to set it up with my P3D & A2A Cessna 172 Trainer.

I calibrated the yoke through FSUIPC, downloaded drivers from the saitek website and started a test flight.

The plane is shooting to the sky right after take-off with yoke in zero position. The elevator trim is set to TAKE-OFF. This was not happening with Saitek X52. 

The yoke indeed is in "zero" position in windows devices calibrator. If it wasn't for the X52, I would be sure that I am doing something wrong with the A2A. But apparently not...

Does anyone have any advice how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks very much!

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Do you have the 'Enable Controllers' box unchecked in P3D? If not, I would guess you have something else mapped to the elevator control unexpectedly. Probably a lever, as it appears from your description that it's stuck at maximum or minimum. That's where I'd start.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thank you for the answer.

However, that's unfortunately not the problem. I do have it unchecked.

Furthermore, I tried the default P3D fighter and the elevator is acting normally. 

The A2A 172 is acting like the trim would be set waaaay UP. If I press the yoke down a bit, the plane flies straight. If I move trim down, it flies straight as well. However, this behaviour isn't right. The plane with proper CoG, trim set to take-off and full power after take-off, shouldnt shoot up, correct? And I just swapped yokes (X52 for Pro Flight Yoke System)...

I am very confused.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5