Sign in to follow this  

ucrtbase.dll/ntdll.dll crash every time I try and start up P3D v4

So I discovered yet another reason why my P3D v4 is always crashing and after getting back from Oshkosh and buying X-Plane 11 I wanted to do a nice long haul flight in P3D v4 with the PMDG 747, I open up P3D and then the expected happens, it crashes. One thing I noticed was that it was running slower and there was no aircraft spinning around in the window. I was able to select an aircraft and then click on begin flight but then the program stops responding and it crashes. I've confirmed that all of my addons are compatible with P3D v4. But something that caught my interest was the last flight before Oshkosh I did, I was flying into CYYZ and the entire airport was just a black hole in the ground with no 3D objects, there was still ground I could land on but it was pitch black. This happened after applying the P3D v4 patch for FlyTampa CYYZ. I reinstalled CYYZ without the patch and now I am having these problems. I will try to remove it completely and see if it is simply a problem with that.

And I DID look in the CTD guide but I was unable to find crashes relating to ucrtbase.dll, however, I did find ntdll.dll in the CTD guide but I have never needed to overclock my CPU where in the guide, it was recommended to lower or remove overclocking.

In the event viewer, I have these two logs in case anyone wanted to take a look.

ucrtbase.dll

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.15063.413, time stamp: 0x5ba8b66e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000734be
Faulting process id: 0x19e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30bb1358ca73a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 57607456-eb49-4433-a4c2-26f3c2c834e7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

ntdll.dll

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xa329d3a8
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f
Faulting process id: 0x2480
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30bb8910b498f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 694d8a64-0baf-4d29-88ca-20b7e40e7a5d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Thank you

We had another recent report of the ucrtbase.dll error while running P3DV4.  The Exception Code 00374 indicates "heap corruption" which indicates to me you most likely have a product installed in P3DV4 which is not compatible with P3DV4 and the developer needs to be informed to update the code for the product to ensure compatibility with V4 and proper installation. I personally have had problems with P3DV4 running with an addon that was not updated to be compatible with the new 64 bit architecture.  P3DV4 simply will not load and will crash to the desktop.  No error though.  Remove the offending add-on and no problems. 

The ucrtbase.dll is fairly new but associated with Microsoft's Visual Studio packages.  These packages are used by developers to make sure their product is installed in P3D as intended by the developer.  The dll replaced the MSVCRXX.dll modules that use to be part of Microsoft Visual Studio packages (see page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide) (heard Microsoft thought the MSVCRXX modules were confusing everyone when they showed up as a crash so they replaced them with the ucrtbase.dll.  You should follow the suggestions for the MSVCR errors as shown in the guide.  I have a feeling you got rid of the 32 bit versions of your Microsoft Visuals as you think you are working only with a 64 bit OS and a 64 bit application called P3DV4.  The addons use the 32-bit Visuals as their respective modules have not been updated.  32-bit modules can work in a 64-bit environment if properly installed.

The ntdll.dll error is common.  It could mean you have an add-on that has incompatible textures.  When your system tries to render those textures and cannot, it crashes.  It could also mean you have a bad overclock where your cpu voltages are too high or too low, your system is overheating, and other anomalies.  The ntdll.dll is also triggered if you have MyTraffic6 installed with the trafficmil.bgl enabled as there are several AI that have incompatible textures (they were made for FS9 and earlier versions of FS).  There's a fix for this in the AVSIM P3D Forums.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10