Sign in to follow this  
bolyer55

777 update from Aerosoft support

I purchased the boxed version of PMDG777 from PCAviators.com  some time ago.  I installed and  have used it in FSX for some time now with no problems, but recently purchased Prepar3d v4 and wanted to try the aircraft in that program.

I went to support.aerosoft.com to download the latest update but it wont acdept my key from the box.  I have tried several times and even contacted aerosoft support and I get this reply:

Tom Weigandt (Aerosoft - Support Service)

Jul 31, 20:27 CEST

Dear Sir,

We have seen some customers whose serials were not accepted by our servers when updating to the latest versions. This issue is tracked down to the fact our database did not contain all key series (mainly for the boxed release). Our mistake, sorry.  
This is now corrected and all serials should be accepted. Please try again, when things still fail send us the serial that is not accepted via email at support@aerosoft.com
Kind regards

This issue is still unresolved because I still can not access the update.  I'm hoping someone here can offer some much needed assistance.

Thanks in advance!

Glyn Bolyer

9 minutes ago, bolyer55 said:

I purchased the boxed version of PMDG777 from PCAviators.com  some time ago.  I installed and  have used it in FSX for some time now with no problems, but recently purchased Prepar3d v4 and wanted to try the aircraft in that program.

The P3D version of the PMDG 777 is a separate item and must be purchased separately.  There is no discount for going from FSX to P3D.  So if you are trying to use your FSX Box key to download the 777 P3D version I would expect that it will not work. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike for your reply!

I am trying to update the version I have to the latest version (Box version update (v1.10.8395)) and so far have not been able to. Aerosoft has been no help I keep getting the same message from them. 

From what I have read the new version will work in p3dv4.

Glyn

You cannot update an FSX version to P3D - they're separate versions.

Rob Jones.

Thanks for that info.  

I still should be able to update my FSX version to the latest version correct?

Glyn Bolyer

19 minutes ago, bolyer55 said:

I still should be able to update my FSX version to the latest version correct?

Yes, to the latest FSX version. But it looks like Aerosoft has not yet made it available.  On their site,

http://support.Aerosoft.com

only version 8395 is showing (and 8396 for the NGX).  The current FSX 777 version is 8414, for the NGX 8413.  However you should be able to download what Aerosoft has available, even  if not up-to-date, using your serial key from the box. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

42 minutes ago, bolyer55 said:

From what I have read the new version will work in p3dv4.

It violates the EULA for the FSX version of the 777 to try to make it work in P3D.

Mike

PS, PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

still no support from aerosoft with regards to latest version for B777 and NGX. Frustrating.

Ash Nerurkar

2 hours ago, ashun said:

still no support from aerosoft with regards to latest version for B777 and NGX. Frustrating.

Best to contact Aerosoft directly because I would think that they should have the latest installers by now.

Just tried support.aerosoft.com again (8/14/17)  and it wont take either of my keys. PMDG777 or PMDG737 both for FSX.

I submitted a  help request to them but they never responded!!  Very frustrating indeed!!  Why can't updates come through the operations center?

4 hours ago, bolyer55 said:

Just tried support.aerosoft.com again (8/14/17)  and it wont take either of my keys. PMDG777 or PMDG737 both for FSX.

I submitted a  help request to them but they never responded!!  Very frustrating indeed!!  Why can't updates come through the operations center?

1) Try logging onto your Aerosoft account and downloading through that.  No version for P3D is showing at support.aerosoft.com.  This may also work for the FSX versions.

2) Make sure you are using the correct, FSX keys for FSX purchases and P3D keys for P3D purchases.

3) PMDG can't update you through the OC because they didn't sell you the aircraft and don't have the sales records.

4)  Please sign your full name as PMDG requires.

I filed a support ticket for the NGX box version because Aerosoft took quite awhile to update it at support.aerosoft.com.  They eventually did, but didn't respond to my ticket except for a "how are we doing?" type e-mail.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2