Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Very welcome information.

Now, I just have to recall which V4 aircraft support the F1 GTN...

Milviz?  ... what else? 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Okay got the update but does anyone know why the GTN's aren't showing up in my options when I run the Config Panel tool for Realair Lancair Legacy v2?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Very welcome information.

Now, I just have to recall which V4 aircraft support the F1 GTN...

Milviz?  ... what else? 

The Realair TDuke looks lovely with the GTN 750. I also updated the Seneca, PC12, c337, c310, and Aztec. It's a hell of a list of great planes.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Okay got the update but does anyone know why the GTN's aren't showing up in my options when I run the Config Panel tool for Realair Lancair Legacy v2?

You will need the P3D v2 update. You need to install it into P3d v2/3 along with the old gtn 750, then use the config to set it up, then copy the files. It's how I had to do it for my TDuke.

Maybe Bert can help. He's a genius. :biggrin:

Just now, DJJose said:

You will need the P3D v2 update. You need to install it into P3d v2/3 along with the old gtn 750, then use the config to set it up, then copy the files. It's how I had to do it for my TDuke.

Maybe Bert can help. He's a genius. :biggrin:

I don't understand, could you please help me on how to do it?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Do you have the P3D version of the Lancair from Realair? It was sold as an upgrade or full installer.

I just purchased and downloaded the Complete version and all went well however I have one significant problem.

When I launch the program only aircraft that came with P3Dv4 or were installed incorrectly into P3Dv4 like the PMDG series show up in the list.

My A2A C172 for instance and T6 that were installed correctly into the P3Dv4 Add-ons folder outside of P3Dv4 don't show up for use. This also includes the Duke Turbine which I placed into the same Add-ons folder, btw all these aircraft work perfectly so I assume the GTN program doesn't see these aircraft that were added by the recommended LM approach?

Please advise on how to get the GTN 750 installed into those aircraft that were installed correctly and use the add-on.xml approach.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Do you have the P3D version of the Lancair from Realair? It was sold as an upgrade or full installer.

Yes I do, I already installed that into P3D v4. But when I run the config panel tool it won't detect the GTN's. So I can't add them. Only Default and the GNS 500 shows.

14 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I just purchased and downloaded the Complete version and all went well however I have one significant problem.

When I launch the program only aircraft that came with P3Dv4 or were installed incorrectly into P3Dv4 like the PMDG series show up in the list.

My A2A C172 for instance and T6 that were installed correctly into the P3Dv4 Add-ons folder outside of P3Dv4 don't show up for use. This also includes the Duke Turbine which I placed into the same Add-ons folder, btw all these aircraft work perfectly so I assume the GTN program doesn't see these aircraft that were added by the recommended LM approach?

Please advise on how to get the GTN 750 installed into those aircraft that were installed correctly and use the add-on.xml approach.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Joe - you need to go into Start > A2A Simulations > Accu Sim Comanche 250 P3D and run the P3D config tool.  Click GPS > Flight 1 then select either 650 or 750 and bingo.

Edit: Sorry I see you have the 172 not comance but same advice applies, just run the 172 config P3D tool.

Thomas Derbyshire

Just now, captain420 said:

Yes I do, I already installed that into P3D v4. But when I run the config panel tool it won't detect the GTN's. So I can't add them. Only Default and the GNS 500 shows.

You have to install the p3d version of the RA Lancair into the old p3d v2/3 simulator along with your 32bit gtn 750. Then run the config. After that then you can copy the modified Lancair.

I shoehorned the Real Air FSX version into P3D v4 just by pointing the installer to P3D sim folder. When I run the config tool, ie the FSX one and select the GTN options on the GPS tab I get a series of errors saying can't write to XML.  Going into the sim I only see the default GPS.

I really hope this doesn't mean I can't use my trusty 750 in v4 unless I have the dedicated P3D v2/3 installer which I obviously don't have.

Any one else with this issue?

Thomas Derbyshire

12 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Thanks in advance
Joe

Carenado & Alabeo planes have a gtn 750 installer in the airplane folder.

Thanks for the install information, all.

I can never recall what steps are needed. Too many aircraft?

Really nice to have the GTN back.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I shoehorned the Real Air FSX version into P3D v4 just by pointing the installer to P3D sim folder. When I run the config tool, ie the FSX one and select the GTN options on the GPS tab I get a series of errors saying can't write to XML.  Going into the sim I only see the default GPS.

I really hope this doesn't mean I can't use my trusty 750 in v4 unless I have the dedicated P3D v2/3 installer which I obviously don't have.

Any one else with this issue?

Without the old sim & gtn units, you will have to wait to see what magic Bert can create. He's really good at adding the GTN to airplanes.

I have no idea how you guys do it. I am not incompetent. Buy something four years ago, your account info has changed, passwords have changed, credit cards have been turfed and replaced.

I religiously keep all my order info.I have my KEYS. I have my CERTIFICATES.

Then I apply the coupon, do the reinstall with the correct KEY, and it fails.

I tried passwords, credit info it all fails.

I just hate, really hate the F1 fracking system. I have had this issue again and again, and had to do resets.

So now I wait for a ticket response. And I hate waiting.

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3