Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Strange, the GTN Simulator program from the Garmin Trainer will run fine on its own, but will not run if called by the Flight One GTN or the trainer's G500 or G600 trainer.  That is evidently the cause of my black screen issue.  

2 hours ago, lownslo said:

The way I got my A2A aircraft (installed in P3Dv4) to show in the F1 GTN Config list was to copy the aircraft root folder (for example, A2A_C182 folder for the Skylane) from it's install location in the "Documents" folder over to the Prepar3d\SimObjects\Airplanes folder, then configure using the F1 Config tool.  Once done copy the A2A_C182 folder back over to Prepa3d v4's "Documents" location.  KInda messy but it works till we get it all sorted out.  The F1 GTN Config tool seems to require much the same file structure for installed aircraft as we've been use to.

HTH

Greg

Hi Greg

I used your approach and it worked.

However once I made the settings I wanted in the F1 GTN Configurator, particularly setting CPU to Core 1 i.e. the 2nd core to keep it off the first core as well as a couple other settings I prefer and copied that file back into the add-on folder I than deleted the A2A aircraft folder from the P3Dv4 root folder because it's not supposed to be there. I tested the settings changes I made and they all are working but obviously the aircraft doesn't show up anymore in the F1 GTN list. I won't have to make any further changes so that's OK and this way I don't have to worry about the aircraft folder being in the P3Dv4 root folder and the add-ons folder.

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Yep, Joe, my solution was indeed inelegant.  I had tried the A2A Aircraft Configurator_P3Dv4... both from the Start Menu and then from the aircraft folder of the installation in Documents... but no joy here.  Glad you got it working too... one thing we can all agree on is that it's nice to have our GTN's back.  And at a great price too!

Greg

Hello

I am getting a blank GTN750 screen when I use it on the ...

Caranado PC12

DO228

C90

And the Just Flight Arrow/Warriors. Reinstalled a few times and made sure antivirus etc was off. The avionics are all running.

FTN installed in the P3D directory and the garmin training in the Program Files directory. The trainer works fine standalone...

Any ideas?

Plz

Barry

Greetings all, 

Trying to follow the breadcrumbs here but getting a little lost.  

Has anyone who is only running P3D v4 got the GTN units to show up in either the RA Turbine Duke or Legacy config tools so they can select and install them?  Mine both stubbornly continue to show only the default GPS 500 option.  My RA aircraft are installed outside of the sim in an addon folder I've created and using the XML method to insert them into the sim.  V4 is my only installed sim so I can't 'trick' the F1 config tool by pointing it to other install folders, etc.  The puzzling thing is that for v3 the TD and Legacy were already set up to be installed outside of the sim (which I did) and the F1 GTNs installed just fine via the RA config tool; seems like it should be no different for V4.

Appreciate any thoughts people might have.  FWIW the A2A config tools picked up the new GTN units right away and gave the option to install so at least those worked as expected.

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin S

The new GTN 750 Complete in the RealAir TD V2 worked without making any changes at all  in TD Configurator utility. I suggest that you check your settings in the Configurator. My copy of the TD is installed in P3d V4 via the add-on.xml technique. 

the real air configuration program is set to look for the registered folder for the only versions of p3d it knew about when it was programmed,  so it will look in your v2 or v3 gauges folder,  it can't know to look anywhere else.  so unless you can do some sort of windows registry trick to get real air to think that your v4 install is a v3 install, (estonian migrator can do this, but don't come yelling at me if something else goes wrong)  you'll have to do what I did and install it all in v3 and then copy the files over.

Thanks for the replies gents,

20 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I suggest that you check your settings in the Configurator.

Not sure what you mean, Jay, since as I stated above the TD (or Legacy) config tool is exactly what I'm looking at but it doesn't even offer the just installed GTN Complete units as an option like it did in V3.  Also FWIW all of the other changes I make via the config tool (graphics, realism, realview, etc.) take effect in the aircraft as expected, so I know the config tool is 'hooked up' to the aircraft file okay even though its in V4.  Not sure how you got it to magically work straight off with no config changes at all...but congrats!! :happy:

ShawnG, thanks also but as noted above the TD and Legacy config tools find the aircraft okay for making other changes so I think the config tool is working with the aircraft okay, although it may be that it doesn't know how to find the F1 GTN program under V4.  And as I said I no longer have a V3 version of P3D to install anything into so that's not an option for me. 

Sounds like I may be struggling with this one for a while.  Kevin

Kevin S

I had to reinstall P3Dv3, then uninstalled and reinstalled Legacy Lancair and Duke Turbine in v4 (not sure if this is required), Then all showed up in the Realair Config finally. Not sure whats going on but its quite annoying. Also I think I'm finally fed up with A2A aircraft being installed outside the sim since this introduces more annoyances. I dumped the A2A folder back into the P3D root where it should be in the first place, and voila! All is good and GTN Config recognizes all A2A.

• Upvote 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

This made my week !!!

I have to say that as someone who only previously owned the FSX version of the '750, I was really happy with the upgrade price to P3Dv4 of only $19.95.    I went along to the Flight 1 site expecting to have to pay $64 so this was fantastic to see. Good on Flight 1.

GTN750 in P3Dv4 = sim perfection !!

[EDIT:   Oh wow!! when paying my $19.95 I somehow missed the fact that I was also getting a free '650 with my '750 !!!!   Now even more excited!   What a deal Flight 1 !!]

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Now that you get both the 650 and 750 included for the same price, it is looking much more attractive.

Question - can you add your own landing strips / waypoints to the database, like bush strips in remote areas (I like to fly in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana, normally not well covered) and now have a suitable selection of planes in P3D V4 to do that.

Johan Pienaar

Well I have no success whatsoever in getiing the P3D version of the GTN 650/750 to work in any aircraft. All I get is a blank GTN bitmap that is non functional.  Never had this problem with the 750 GTN in FSX.  Any suggestions very welcome.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce

Have you posted on the flight 1 GTN forum?

Thomas Derbyshire

9 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Brilliant news. Now I get a free 650 for $20. Delighted. Missed the 750 badly. 

I think i missed this part. I had the 750, now if i pay an additional 19.95 i will get the 750 _AND_ the 650 for ALL simulators?

If this is it, then i'll pay.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 minute ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I think i missed this part. I had the 750, now if i pay an additional 19.95 i will get the 750 _AND_ the 650 for ALL simulators?

If this is it, then i'll pay.

Correct. The only (new) product compatible with Prepar3D v4 is the "Complete Edition" (650+750, FSx+P3D)

• Upvote 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio