Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Thank you folks for all your suggestions.

Excluded all folders as recommended above.

Uninstalled and reinstalled all components with virus protection off.

Still no joy.

Ticket submitted to Flight1 so hopefully will get this sorted.

I will let you know how it gets fixed.  

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have the same situation.. what I ended up doing instead is setting exceptions for:

1. Your P3D folder

2. Program Files(X86)\Garmin

3. Program Data\Garmin

4. Users\yourname\Appdata\Roaming

Thanks Bert.  Had the same problem with AVG, but your advice fix it for me.

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

23 minutes ago, jfrex said:

Thanks Bert.  Had the same problem with AVG, but your advice fix it for me.

I do not know how to narrow down the entry further for the Roaming folder... it works this way,

but that is a lot of stuff that is being excluded..

There are Flight1,  F1 Tech, and Lockheed Martin folders...

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have the same situation.. what I ended up doing instead is setting exceptions for:

1. Your P3D folder

2. Program Files(X86)\Garmin

3. Program Data\Garmin

4. Users\yourname\Appdata\Roaming

Seemed to work for me too.  Thanks Bert.  :biggrin:

Bill  N7IBG     

For those who have only version 4 installed and do not see the GTN 750 in the configuration tool, I found the solution from the hand of an old acquaintance: Migrations Tools of Estonia I install the planes and no longer gives xml error and copied the directories, then replicate in add-on.xml installation Greetings.

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yeEIP.gif

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not know how to narrow down the entry further for the Roaming folder... it works this way,

but that is a lot of stuff that is being excluded..

There are Flight1,  F1 Tech, and Lockheed Martin folders...

I deleted the Program Files(X86)\Garmin and the Program Data\Garmin exclusions. I left the 

C:\Users\greg\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\

The GTN 750 worked fine so I think that is the only exclusion needed.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

12 minutes ago, swilskey41 said:

When you guys go into the F1UpdateTool do you see p3d V4 listed? I do not.

No.

I installed the GTN Complete in P3Dv4 flawlessly.

But in the GTN Update Tool, I updated and clicked download but the last P3D entry is still v3.4.9.18400.

Anyway the GTN seems to work in my A2A Cherokee in P3Dv4.

Just also wonder why it's not listed.

On 3.8.2017 at 1:44 AM, DJJose said:

You have to install the p3d version of the RA Lancair into the old p3d v2/3 simulator along with your 32bit gtn 750. Then run the config. After that then you can copy the modified Lancair.

Do you know "what" got modified? Is it just an entry in a cfg file which could be shared here?

Just want to ask before maybe reinstalling all this v3 stuff.

So just in case...

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I deleted the Program Files(X86)\Garmin and the Program Data\Garmin exclusions. I left the 

C:\Users\greg\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\

The GTN 750 worked fine so I think that is the only exclusion needed.

Greg

Greg,

That works for me too :biggrin:

That hint deserves a "stickey"..

Bert

3 hours ago, tremor595 said:

No.

I installed the GTN Complete in P3Dv4 flawlessly.

But in the GTN Update Tool, I updated and clicked download but the last P3D entry is still v3.4.9.18400.

Anyway the GTN seems to work in my A2A Cherokee in P3Dv4.

Just also wonder why it's not listed.

Ya I find it weird that it's not showing up. Unlike you though I am unable to get the GTN to work in any plane.

Here I put a video of How to put the GTN 750/650 gps to the Lancair Legacy in Prepar3D v4 when it does not show you the GTN in the configuration tool.

Greetings.

Saludos:

José Luis Orte Gracia

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yeEIP.gif

18 hours ago, JYW said:

Bruce,

When I initially installed the new version into P3Dv4 I got the same.   The issue was that I did not install the additional (required) Garmin GTN Trainer software, as I already had it on my computer, from using the FSX version.

I uninstalled the Garmin Trainer, and the F1 GTN P3Dv4 from my system, and then ran the F1 installer again - and this time installed the Garmin Trainer software, fresh, when the page pops during installation.

Everything worked fine after that.  I'm not sure if this GTN is using a different version of the trainer but certainly as above, my old installation didn't work with the new gauge.    Give a full fresh installation of both the GTN750 and the Garmin GTN trainer a go.

Thanks - I did consider doing exactly what you suggest but are currently going through some further testing that F1 support want me to do and so far they haven't suggested a complete reinstall of the trainer and the GTN.  I suppose what is also going through my mind is that I still have a functional GFN in FSX and I don't want to stuff that up

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 3.8.2017 at 1:48 AM, 1st fltsimguy said:

I have no idea how you guys do it. I am not incompetent. Buy something four years ago, your account info has changed, passwords have changed, credit cards have been turfed and replaced.

I religiously keep all my order info.I have my KEYS. I have my CERTIFICATES.

Then I apply the coupon, do the reinstall with the correct KEY, and it fails.

I tried passwords, credit info it all fails.

I just hate, really hate the F1 fracking system. I have had this issue again and again, and had to do resets.

So now I wait for a ticket response. And I hate waiting.

Same here. The coupon thing works with my login and password, but the reinstall process fails. Have ordered new keys and password, but it says invalid key or wrong login.

Waiting for ticket response, too.

Alexander