Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

24 minutes ago, onebob said:

on the purchase screen there is a coupon button to browse for the coupon file and select.

bob

I cant even get a purchase screen anywhere - tried downloading the exe and win10 says it has a virus and has deleted it

I am not fated to upgrade my gtn750, bye bye flight1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I cant even get a purchase screen anywhere - tried downloading the exe and win10 says it has a virus and has deleted i

Got the same. Just answer more info -> "Yes, I thrust this exe even if you don't have enough signature - it's brand new - to be sure it's perfectly safe"... or something similar ;)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Just now, vbazillio said:

Got the same. Just answer more info -> "Yes, I thrust this exe even if you don't have enough signature - it's brand new - to be sure it's perfectly safe"... or something similar ;)

don't even get the chance to do that, win10 automatically stops and deletes the download

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

don't even get the chance to do that, win10 automatically stops and deletes the download

Windows 10 (+ Defender) here... as well and - don't know how - but I decide what-to-do with files and not the system :)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Are you sure it's W10 or possibly your browser? You need to relax your settings a bit. I have w10 pro and use chrome - no issues at all. Occasionally I'll get a popup notification about "themida" which is a copy protection used by F1 and others - just have to bypass it and download.

Also, if you are running Defender - just add the file to the exclusions list.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

the problem is not on flight1's end it's on your end. Sorry, but it is.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I don't use antivirus, use chrome exclusively and everything just works flawlessly.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

53 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

the problem is not on flight1's end it's on your end. Sorry, but it is.

I managed to get through it in the end, thankyou...but I do struggle to wonder how it is that Flight1 cant manage to configure and install an addon that doesnt cause a bog standard OS AV app to throw an epi fit and see it as malware :(

xaP1VAU.png

11 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I managed to get through it in the end, thankyou...but I do struggle to wonder how it is that Flight1 cant manage to configure and install an addon that doesnt cause a bog standard OS AV app to throw an epi fit and see it as malware :(

I take this as proof that programming the GTN gauge is more than a "standard" app.. It probably does some clever things that the OS is inclined to view as "intrusive"..

Bert

10 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

The installers are relatively standard, but the AV programs are constantly changing their scans. Eventually the will find matches that are false positives. How they deal with them is the problem - some of the better ones give you the option to override or un-quarantine. Others just delete the file and  go on. That is hardly Flight1's fault OR responsibility.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

52 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The installers are relatively standard, but the AV programs are constantly changing their scans. Eventually the will find matches that are false positives. How they deal with them is the problem - some of the better ones give you the option to override or un-quarantine. Others just delete the file and  go on. That is hardly Flight1's fault OR responsibility.

Vic

Please dont interpret my musings as overly harsh criticism, I know as well as anyone the troubles inherent with testing complex software and at the end of the day I have it working without massive problems. :)  Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

Installed the software and it worked fine last night.

Installed the GPS in same more planes and ran Update tool - Now blank screens 

VERY FRUSTRATING 

Johan Pienaar

Windows defender on Win 10 gives false positives on apps like the GTN750 and EZDOK 2.0 and possibly a signature in the F1 wrapper.  Either exclude the .exes from windows defender or turn off Defender for a bit or put them in a special folder and exclude it..  Make sure to exclude all of your sim folders from Defender.  Basically you are white-listing with a possible small performance gain.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, pinepix62 said:

Installed the software and it worked fine last night.

Installed the GPS in same more planes and ran Update tool - Now blank screens 

VERY FRUSTRATING 

Why run update tool.. ?

Try a do-over (without that step)

BTW, this could be a coincidence.. could just be AV like so many people..

Bert

It sure is nice to have the GTN series back. :)

i-HSjB7gh-Th.jpg

• Upvote 1

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset