gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Recommended Posts

I shoehorned the Real Air FSX version into P3D v4 just by pointing the installer to P3D sim folder. When I run the config tool, ie the FSX one and select the GTN options on the GPS tab I get a series of errors saying can't write to XML.  Going into the sim I only see the default GPS.

I really hope this doesn't mean I can't use my trusty 750 in v4 unless I have the dedicated P3D v2/3 installer which I obviously don't have.

Any one else with this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I just purchased and downloaded the Complete version and all went well however I have one significant problem.

When I launch the program only aircraft that came with P3Dv4 or were installed incorrectly into P3Dv4 like the PMDG series show up in the list.

My A2A C172 for instance and T6 that were installed correctly into the P3Dv4 Add-ons folder outside of P3Dv4 don't show up for use. This also includes the Duke Turbine which I placed into the same Add-ons folder, btw all these aircraft work perfectly so I assume the GTN program doesn't see these aircraft that were added by the recommended LM approach?

Please advise on how to get the GTN 750 installed into those aircraft that were installed correctly and use the add-on.xml approach.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Carenado & Alabeo planes have a gtn 750 installer in the airplane folder.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the install information, all.

I can never recall what steps are needed. Too many aircraft?

Really nice to have the GTN back.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I shoehorned the Real Air FSX version into P3D v4 just by pointing the installer to P3D sim folder. When I run the config tool, ie the FSX one and select the GTN options on the GPS tab I get a series of errors saying can't write to XML.  Going into the sim I only see the default GPS.

I really hope this doesn't mean I can't use my trusty 750 in v4 unless I have the dedicated P3D v2/3 installer which I obviously don't have.

Any one else with this issue?

Without the old sim & gtn units, you will have to wait to see what magic Bert can create. He's really good at adding the GTN to airplanes.

Share this post


Link to post

I have no idea how you guys do it. I am not incompetent. Buy something four years ago, your account info has changed, passwords have changed, credit cards have been turfed and replaced.

I religiously keep all my order info.I have my KEYS. I have my CERTIFICATES.

Then I apply the coupon, do the reinstall with the correct KEY, and it fails.

I tried passwords, credit info it all fails.

I just hate, really hate the F1 fracking system. I have had this issue again and again, and had to do resets.

So now I wait for a ticket response. And I hate waiting.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DJJose said:

Without the old sim & gtn units, you will have to wait to see what magic Bert can create. He's really good at adding the GTN to airplanes.

So for all of us that successfully installed the P3Dv3 of the RA Duke into the P3Dv4 add-ons folder and then went and fixed the sound files so everything but the GTN 750 is working great now, we will not be able to install the new GTN 750 into it now as we did in P3Dv3?

I hope this isn't the case...

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, joepoway said:

So for all of us that successfully installed the P3Dv3 of the RA Duke into the P3Dv4 add-ons folder and then went and fixed the sound files so everything but the GTN 750 is working great now, we will not be able to install the new GTN 750 into it now as we did in P3Dv3?

I hope this isn't the case...

Joe

I'm afraid so. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, joepoway said:

So for all of us that successfully installed the P3Dv3 of the RA Duke into the P3Dv4 add-ons folder and then went and fixed the sound files so everything but the GTN 750 is working great now, we will not be able to install the new GTN 750 into it now as we did in P3Dv3?

I hope this isn't the case...

Joe

I just got the 2D panel working in the Real Air Turbine duke by opening the new F1 config tool and select the Real Air from the list (a 1 appears next to it when you double click), when I launch the sim I have a little GTN drop down option in the top left of the screen which gives me a 2D pop up so at least that's something.

Just need to figure out how to integrate the 3D panel in the VC.

Share this post


Link to post

I presume that we still have to install the GTNPCTrainerLite_6211 but I cannot see any mention of it on their product page. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I just got the 2D panel working in the Real Air Turbine duke by opening the new F1 config tool and select the Real Air from the list (a 1 appears next to it when you double click), when I launch the sim I have a little GTN drop down option in the top left of the screen which gives me a 2D pop up so at least that's something.

Just need to figure out how to integrate the 3D panel in the VC.

When I run the tool and select P3Dv4 (I still have P3Dv3 installed so it gives me an option) my Real Air Turbine Duke does not show up, I'm quite surprised yours does?

Joe

Share this post


Link to post

I only have one instance of the Real Air turbine duke, that is the FSX version installed into my P3D sim folder so not sure if that will complicate things for you.  But when I run the F1 GTN config tool I see this.

Capture.jpg

This gives me the 2D pop up panel in the sim.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I only have one instance of the Real Air turbine duke, that is the FSX version installed into my P3D sim folder so not sure if that will complicate things for you.  But when I run the F1 GTN config tool I see this.

Capture.jpg

This gives me the 2D pop up panel in the sim.

I installed the Duke using the P3Dv4 Add-ons folders and created the Add-on.xml file just like with the A2A aircraft to get it to work in P3Dv4, is this how you installed your version into P3Dv4?

Joe

Share this post


Link to post

No I installed it directly into the P3D sim folder because I was struggling to get the 64 bit sound gauge working using the XML method.

That will be why because the aircraft in the list on that screenshot are all in my P3D\Sim Objects\Airplanes folder, ie my PMDG aircraft.

What happens if you run the Real Air config tool and select the GTN 750 in the GPS tab??

Share this post


Link to post

Why is this so difficult to install into the realair lancair legacy.

I installed it into p3d v3 folder like you mentioned. and ran the f1 gtn config tool, and then ran the realair config panel tool, and it still doesn't show up for me.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Joe - you need to go into Start > A2A Simulations > Accu Sim Comanche 250 P3D and run the P3D config tool.  Click GPS > Flight 1 then select either 650 or 750 and bingo.

Edit: Sorry I see you have the 172 not comance but same advice applies, just run the 172 config P3D tool.

The A2A configure tool only addresses my P3Dv3 aircraft i.e. C172, T6, and P51 but there isn't a tool for the P3Dv4 versions of my C172 or T6 so I can't set the GPS path for those?

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, joepoway said:

The A2A configure tool only addresses my P3Dv3 aircraft i.e. C172, T6, and P51 but there isn't a tool for the P3Dv4 versions of my C172 or T6 so I can't set the GPS path for those?

Joe

Go to here and launch the aircraft configurator.exe

D:\Users\Username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Comanche250\Tools

 

Share this post


Link to post

I get an error installing the GTN trainer.  When the installer is just about done I get this message.

 

Error 1721. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Action: DirectXsetup, location: c:\users\pete\downloads\....\dxsetup.exe / silent 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Go to here and launch the aircraft configurator.exe

D:\Users\Username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Comanche250\Tools

 

That did the trick, thanks my friend !!

Interesting that it automatically shows up in my A2A C172 panel now and works just as before in P3Dv3 but it still doesn't show up in the F1 GTN Config list when I open their app.

The only aircraft that show up there are the default P3Dv4 aircraft and my PMDG aircraft, I assume PMDG shows up because they were installed directly into P3dv4 (against my will - ha ha). So I guess any aircraft installed outside of P3Dv4 using the add-on folder don't show up in the F1 GTN list? 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like I am incompetent after all.

I was clicking the "reinstall" button and not doing a complete new purchase after applying the coupon.

I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Interesting that it automatically shows up in my A2A C172 panel now and works just as before in P3Dv3 but it still doesn't show up in the F1 GTN Config list when I open their app.

The way I got my A2A aircraft (installed in P3Dv4) to show in the F1 GTN Config list was to copy the aircraft root folder (for example, A2A_C182 folder for the Skylane) from it's install location in the "Documents" folder over to the Prepar3d\SimObjects\Airplanes folder, then configure using the F1 Config tool.  Once done copy the A2A_C182 folder back over to Prepa3d v4's "Documents" location.  KInda messy but it works till we get it all sorted out.  The F1 GTN Config tool seems to require much the same file structure for installed aircraft as we've been use to.

HTH

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The Realair TDuke looks lovely with the GTN 750. I also updated the Seneca, PC12, c337, c310, and Aztec. It's a hell of a list of great planes.

if they could just do the Malibu Mirage...

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

if they could just do the Malibu Mirage...

Has it been updated to v4? I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Why is this so difficult to install into the realair lancair legacy.

I installed it into p3d v3 folder like you mentioned. and ran the f1 gtn config tool, and then ran the realair config panel tool, and it still doesn't show up for me.

It's difficult because you don't want to follow the steps I outlined.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm afraid so. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

I just went into the RA Turbine Duke  Config Panel.exe file

located:

Docs>Prepar3D v4 Add-ons>Turbine Duke V2 P3D3>RealAir>duketvv2p3d2>Config Panel.exe

and changed the GPS to the 750 and it WORKS !!

My path to the Config Panel may be different then yours as I just copied my entire Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 folder without changing file names into my Prepared 3D v4 Add-ons folder and used the add-on.xml approach.

Bootom line I now have the GTN 750 working in my Duke Turbine and in my A2A C172 and all is good for now in P3Dv4 land!

Joe

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.