gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Try Little Nav Map, its the PFPX for GA and supports exporting to the GTN format as well!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks. Havent played with Them in a while. hmm has to find info regarding creating and loading then. 

I have PFPX but not sure Its supported

Any one else know how to show up nav2 in the 650?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael

You can set up the 650 to use Nav2 with the GTN Config tool. You can the nav frequencies to display by center clicking on the right knob.

Greg

Now only if they will add crossfill support between the 2 units. Been asking for this for a long time now.

6 hours ago, Quasar07 said:

Here I put a video of How to put the GTN 750/650 gps to the Lancair Legacy in Prepar3D v4 when it does not show you the GTN in the configuration tool.

Greetings.

Just watched it on my tiny smartphone. Will have a look again later on my PC. Is it a manual integration in the VC? 

Will give it a try! 

Thank you!

17 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I deleted the Program Files(X86)\Garmin and the Program Data\Garmin exclusions. I left the 

C:\Users\greg\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\

The GTN 750 worked fine so I think that is the only exclusion needed.

Greg

This worked for me. Thank you.

Dave

7 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks. Havent played with Them in a while. hmm has to find info regarding creating and loading then. 

I have PFPX but not sure Its supported

Any one else know how to show up nav2 in the 650?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Use F1GTN.cfg app to set the radios

9 hours ago, BrunoAlexander said:

Same here. The coupon thing works with my login and password, but the reinstall process fails. Have ordered new keys and password, but it says invalid key or wrong login.

Waiting for ticket response, too.

You should not be doing a reinstall!  I made that mistake also..

You should be making a new purchase.. verify the three boxes on the left and below should appear an "Install" option

What are these upgrade coupons?

The flight1 site link downloads a zip file with 4 .cpn files in it?  What are we supposed to do with those???? grrrrr

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

What are we supposed to do with those???? grrrrr

on the purchase screen there is a coupon button to browse for the coupon file and select.

bob

20 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You should not be doing a reinstall!  I made that mistake also..

You should be making a new purchase.. verify the three boxes on the left and below should appear an "Install" option

Yes, that was my mistake.

Thank you Bert!

24 minutes ago, onebob said:

on the purchase screen there is a coupon button to browse for the coupon file and select.

bob

I cant even get a purchase screen anywhere - tried downloading the exe and win10 says it has a virus and has deleted it

I am not fated to upgrade my gtn750, bye bye flight1

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I cant even get a purchase screen anywhere - tried downloading the exe and win10 says it has a virus and has deleted i

Got the same. Just answer more info -> "Yes, I thrust this exe even if you don't have enough signature - it's brand new - to be sure it's perfectly safe"... or something similar ;)

Just now, vbazillio said:

Got the same. Just answer more info -> "Yes, I thrust this exe even if you don't have enough signature - it's brand new - to be sure it's perfectly safe"... or something similar ;)

don't even get the chance to do that, win10 automatically stops and deletes the download

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

don't even get the chance to do that, win10 automatically stops and deletes the download

Windows 10 (+ Defender) here... as well and - don't know how - but I decide what-to-do with files and not the system :)

Are you sure it's W10 or possibly your browser? You need to relax your settings a bit. I have w10 pro and use chrome - no issues at all. Occasionally I'll get a popup notification about "themida" which is a copy protection used by F1 and others - just have to bypass it and download.

Also, if you are running Defender - just add the file to the exclusions list.

Vic

the problem is not on flight1's end it's on your end. Sorry, but it is.

I don't use antivirus, use chrome exclusively and everything just works flawlessly.

53 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

the problem is not on flight1's end it's on your end. Sorry, but it is.

I managed to get through it in the end, thankyou...but I do struggle to wonder how it is that Flight1 cant manage to configure and install an addon that doesnt cause a bog standard OS AV app to throw an epi fit and see it as malware :(

11 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I managed to get through it in the end, thankyou...but I do struggle to wonder how it is that Flight1 cant manage to configure and install an addon that doesnt cause a bog standard OS AV app to throw an epi fit and see it as malware :(

I take this as proof that programming the GTN gauge is more than a "standard" app.. It probably does some clever things that the OS is inclined to view as "intrusive"..

10 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

The installers are relatively standard, but the AV programs are constantly changing their scans. Eventually the will find matches that are false positives. How they deal with them is the problem - some of the better ones give you the option to override or un-quarantine. Others just delete the file and  go on. That is hardly Flight1's fault OR responsibility.

Vic

52 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The installers are relatively standard, but the AV programs are constantly changing their scans. Eventually the will find matches that are false positives. How they deal with them is the problem - some of the better ones give you the option to override or un-quarantine. Others just delete the file and  go on. That is hardly Flight1's fault OR responsibility.

Vic

Please dont interpret my musings as overly harsh criticism, I know as well as anyone the troubles inherent with testing complex software and at the end of the day I have it working without massive problems. :)  Cheers K

Installed the software and it worked fine last night.

Installed the GPS in same more planes and ran Update tool - Now blank screens 

VERY FRUSTRATING 

Windows defender on Win 10 gives false positives on apps like the GTN750 and EZDOK 2.0 and possibly a signature in the F1 wrapper.  Either exclude the .exes from windows defender or turn off Defender for a bit or put them in a special folder and exclude it..  Make sure to exclude all of your sim folders from Defender.  Basically you are white-listing with a possible small performance gain.

Cheers

bs

1 hour ago, pinepix62 said:

Installed the software and it worked fine last night.

Installed the GPS in same more planes and ran Update tool - Now blank screens 

VERY FRUSTRATING 

Why run update tool.. ?

Try a do-over (without that step)

BTW, this could be a coincidence.. could just be AV like so many people..

It sure is nice to have the GTN series back. :)

i-HSjB7gh-Th.jpg

• Upvote 1