Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Thank you Vincent. Just ate my words, great deal!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

7 hours ago, joepoway said:

I just went into the RA Turbine Duke  Config Panel.exe file

located:

Docs>Prepar3D v4 Add-ons>Turbine Duke V2 P3D3>RealAir>duketvv2p3d2>Config Panel.exe

and changed the GPS to the 750 and it WORKS !!

My path to the Config Panel may be different then yours as I just copied my entire Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 folder without changing file names into my Prepared 3D v4 Add-ons folder and used the add-on.xml approach.

Bootom line I now have the GTN 750 working in my Duke Turbine and in my A2A C172 and all is good for now in P3Dv4 land!

Joe

As I posted earlier when I try to make any changes in the real air configurater I see a bunch of errors saying can't write to xml.  Think this is because I've shoehorned the FSX version into P3D.  I've located these XMLs and suspect I have to tweak some of the files manually but not sure what to do.  I had to do this to force the duke into a cold and dark start upon startup.

Thomas Derbyshire

Don't know if any one else is having this issue, but the GTN750 in my A2A c172 is very slow and not responsive. But maybe with a restart, it might work. please let me know :) Running P3D V4

Another one with the same problem. The GTN 750 is on my C404 Titan cockpit but it remains black and out. Keep trying finding a solution. Please post any clues you may find.

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Hi Bruce

Have you posted on the flight 1 GTN forum?

Too bad they haven't added GTN Complete to the forum yet.  I have been unable to access the forum.

19 minutes ago, ESA_Dodo said:

The GTN 750 is on my C404 Titan cockpit but it remains black and out.

Pretty much same here in the c172, but it turns on, but it's really laggy and doesn't allow me to do much. Even in 2D panels

More related troubleshooting questions: 

• If I download the Garmin Trainer Lite only, should it power-on on it's own
  • Does it have to use the default Program Files (x86) in order for F1 to work (if step one is OK)?

Thanks!

Mario Di Lauro

Is it a must to uninstall the "old" version for P3DV3 first? Including the old Garmin software?. 

I think Its about time for me to completely uninstall V3 anyway

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

For all of you who are having problems with the GTN staying black and out: Assign a key to the avionics master switch under Controls. Then hit the key to toggle on the avionics master prior to starting up the aircraft from cold and dark (e.g. the Turbine Duke). That worked for me. Sometimes you have to go back and forth switching on and off the avionics master before the GTN fires up. I think it has to do with the default flight using the F22. Could also work if you save a new default flight with an aircraft for which you have switched on the master avionics. But I have to try that.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Hi Bruce

Have you posted on the flight 1 GTN forum?

Yes, thought it might have been an issue with the Garmin trainer but the GTN 750 still works fine in FSX.  I am now pursuing this by email with F1 Support.  However, it does seem that I am not alone on this one. 

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

4 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Well I have no success whatsoever in getiing the P3D version of the GTN 650/750 to work in any aircraft. All I get is a blank GTN bitmap that is non functional.  Never had this problem with the 750 GTN in FSX.  Any suggestions very welcome.

Bruceb

Bruce,

When I initially installed the new version into P3Dv4 I got the same.   The issue was that I did not install the additional (required) Garmin GTN Trainer software, as I already had it on my computer, from using the FSX version.

I uninstalled the Garmin Trainer, and the F1 GTN P3Dv4 from my system, and then ran the F1 installer again - and this time installed the Garmin Trainer software, fresh, when the page pops during installation.

Everything worked fine after that.  I'm not sure if this GTN is using a different version of the trainer but certainly as above, my old installation didn't work with the new gauge.    Give a full fresh installation of both the GTN750 and the Garmin GTN trainer a go.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

5 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Question - can you add your own landing strips / waypoints to the database, like bush strips in remote areas (I like to fly in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana, normally not well covered) and now have a suitable selection of planes in P3D V4 to do that.

Yes.    You can click on the map at any location whatsoever and it puts you into "graphical editing mode".  From here you click "Create user waypoint" and can create a custom waypoint at any location (as a visual nav aid, or as an airfield location).

You even have the choice to make your new waypoint temporary, eg for use in a one off flight, or permanent.

It's a must have!

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

For all of you who are having problems with the GTN staying black and out: Assign a key to the avionics master switch under Controls. Then hit the key to toggle on the avionics master prior to starting up the aircraft from cold and dark (e.g. the Turbine Duke). That worked for me. Sometimes you have to go back and forth switching on and off the avionics master before the GTN fires up. I think it has to do with the default flight using the F22. Could also work if you save a new default flight with an aircraft for which you have switched on the master avionics. But I have to try that.

A good suggestion, but it didn't work for me.  The GTN trainer works, so it is installed properly, but the GTN is blank in the sim even when power is on, avionics is on, etc.  

33 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

A good suggestion, but it didn't work for me.  The GTN trainer works, so it is installed properly, but the GTN is blank in the sim even when power is on, avionics is on, etc.  

Have you tried switching the avionics on and off with a key assigned to the standard master avionics event in P3D? Switching on and off the master avionics using the switch in the VC of the Turbine Duke also didn't work for me. You have to use the standard P3D function. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

2 hours ago, icorzabigsmile said:

Pretty much same here in the c172, but it turns on, but it's really laggy and doesn't allow me to do much. Even in 2D panels

If it is slow and laggs in response, you will want to try assigning it to another core in the F1 configuration tool 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's